Kenzie Fowler may become a 1st baseman and bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 24, 2009
IP in the photo, lol. Both feet are clearly airborne, but perhaps not to the naked eye in real time.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Kenzie Fowler getting hurt demonstrates how vulnerable teams are, especially when one of their STUD pitchers gets hurt. How good would Oklahoma be without Ricketts? Alabama without Traina?
This is EXACTLY the point I was making...
Absolutely, yes I would want them to do everything to retain her if she were my dd or if my dd were in her shoes. However, there is an entire program thats at stake by putting all your eggs in one basket.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
This is EXACTLY the point I was making...
Absolutely, yes I would want them to do everything to retain her if she were my dd or if my dd were in her shoes. However, there is an entire program thats at stake by putting all your eggs in one basket.

I am sure every college coach would like to have more than one STUD pitcher, but they do not grow on trees, and the emergence of the SEC has increased the competition for the top pitchers.

May 10, 2010
I wonder how some of the players that committed so young to a college have done. I wish there was a stat for how many 14 and 15 year olds that panned out 4 years at a college. I wonder about the dark side of all this that no one knows about except in the win loss column.

Mar 11, 2009
I wonder how some of the players that committed so young to a college have done. I wish there was a stat for how many 14 and 15 year olds that panned out 4 years at a college. I wonder about the dark side of all this that no one knows about except in the win loss column.

For the early commits that make it to college and play for the team they commited to early, I want that data too. For the 14 and 15 yr old girl that commits and then quit cuz she gets burnt out, hurt or can't hang at that level then coach gets someone else to fill their shoes but it would be nice to know how often this happens.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
One of UofAZ's young recruits took her own life at age 16. On the surface, it seemed that she had everything going for her. She was a pitcher.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Kenzie Fowler getting hurt demonstrates how vulnerable teams are, especially when one of their STUD pitchers gets hurt. How good would Oklahoma be without Ricketts? Alabama without Traina?

I don't think Oklahoma would drop off much in pitching with Gascoigne as the #1. They would miss Ricketts bat a little.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I don't think Oklahoma would drop off much in pitching with Gascoigne as the #1. They would miss Ricketts bat a little.

Gascoigne is good, but she is not Ricketts....and as you mentioned, Ricketts also brings a BIG STICK, as does Traina.

Mar 11, 2009
Gascoigne is good, but she is not Ricketts....and as you mentioned, Ricketts also brings a BIG STICK, as does Traina.

Why didn't Traina bat in Regionals and super regionals? Also noticed that her's and Escobido's velocity is down 4mph this post season.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Their velocity is definitely down. I can't imagine the beating that their bodies take. I know by age 25, I was wearing ice on my right shoulder, to relieve the pain. And at age 50, I had to have both shoulders rehabbed. Not even child birth compared to the pain I had on my shoulders.

Maybe they were trying to take some stress off of Traina?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl