Kenzie Fowler may become a 1st baseman and bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I thought about that. But, I am glad that they just haven't tossed her aside, like football would have. She was so overworked as a teenager. (my opinion only)

Mar 11, 2009
Wouldn't you hope if your daughter recieved a scholarship and got hurt the school would honor it until you graduated, and bend over backwards to help you play?

Dec 7, 2011
Wouldn't you hope if your daughter recieved a scholarship and got hurt the school would honor it until you graduated, and bend over backwards to help you play?

Well of course - i just find it amazing in this day and age of performance pressure on D1 management.

Mar 11, 2009
Well of course - i just find it amazing in this day and age of performance pressure on D1 management.

If coach Candrea cut her scholarship due to injuries it would hurt his recruiting in the future and wouldn't be good for the program, he's no dummy. Plus she isn't giving up on herself, so why would the coach. One other thing to consider is her grandpa( I think) works for U of A as well.....

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I thought Coach Candrea's comments about recruiting were very insightful. When he was signing seniors in high school it was a lot easier to know he was getting STUDS. When he has to offer verbals to 9th and 10th graders there are a lot of variables that come into play and the chances of signing a "DUD" goes up exponentially.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Kenzie Fowler getting hurt demonstrates how vulnerable teams are, especially when one of their STUD pitchers gets hurt. How good would Oklahoma be without Ricketts? Alabama without Traina?

Mar 11, 2009
Kenzie Fowler getting hurt demonstrates how vulnerable teams are, especially when one of their STUD pitchers gets hurt. How good would Oklahoma be without Ricketts? Alabama without Traina?

I agree with you about having only one pitcher and being vulnerable, maybe with the popularity of the sport, teams can start leaning towards having a pitching staff, and a closer!!! At least two studs instead of just one. As far as verbal's in 9th and 10th grade at least its an even playing field all teams are taking chances on younger players not just his. Just curious is the same thing happening in baseball?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl