Is there a "Bat Bros" for fastpitch bats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Also, a little issue arises when you have reviewers..once they get enough views, all of a sudden they arent unbiased
anymore. Happens in slowpitch all the time, now all of a sudden a brand gives the person something and now that brand
will always come out with a great bat...haha.
And I dont trust any review done by a store. You never know what they are trying to sell more of.

Feb 3, 2020
NY
And those bats are so ugly. The girls bats are much more subdued. Have you seen the Easton Hype Fire? Or how about the Victus Pencil? Perhaps the Soldier Tank? DeMarini Zoa?

The softball dads are clueless when they call me for a bat for baseball and say , "I need a CatX for my son." My response is what size, sanction, drop. They have no idea how many options there are. And if you get the wrong one, you can't use it.
Haha, I couldn't agree more. That Soldier Tank bat you can see from 5 fields away.
And the bats are ridiculously hot now. To the point where someone is going to get hurt. I have literally seen kids check swing with the Easton Hype fire and the ball go 40 feet over the fence.
My son is a small kid. He is very good, but he is the smallest kid on the team. He has decent power and was like second or third on the team in HRs.
I got him the Easton Hype Fire and we went up to Cooperstown for the year end tournament and he broke a friggin record that i think was held by Bryce Harper someone said for most lead off HR's in a week lol. His first at bat with it he hit the ball and just stood there watching it. I thought he was showboating and yelled at him, but he just couldnt believe how far it went. I have it on video ha.

And you are so right about being clueless. Its friggin annoying. I practically had to get a bachelors in baseball bats just to keep track of what to buy.

Feb 3, 2020
NY
Funny story:
Second year 10U tryouts. We are going to throw split screen front toss and ask if any of the parents wanted to help shag. One of the moms finds a glove and goes out to 3rd base. I don't want her to get hurt but don't want to affend her either. First batter smashes a shot to 3rd. She backhands the ball and fires a frozen rope across the field. She played catcher for Nebraska in the late 80s.
Ha, thats awesome!

Feb 3, 2020
NY
Also, a little issue arises when you have reviewers..once they get enough views, all of a sudden they arent unbiased
anymore. Happens in slowpitch all the time, now all of a sudden a brand gives the person something and now that brand
will always come out with a great bat...haha.
And I dont trust any review done by a store. You never know what they are trying to sell more of.
Yeah I have often wondered the same thing. I never trust a store review either. I think the end up pushing the stuff they have over stock of.

That is why I like The Bat Bros. They seem to do it right. He was getting so popular that he stopped using the bats in his videos that the company's were sending him, because he felt they were sending him stuff that was a little extra hot.
Now he uses bats that he shows the receipts on as bought from Dick's or someplace. Plus all of his reviews are completely data driven. he does give his opinion on feel, swing weight and sweet spot, but the exit velos and distances are all right there.