Interesting Observation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
So I'm watching the WCWS this weekend and on a closeup of Washington SS Sis Bates, an All American and widely believed to be the best infielder in the game, I notice that she doesn't have her index finger in the proper slot. This means she has two fingers in the pinky slot, one in the ring slot and one in the middle finger slot, not uncommon but somehow a surprise for such a high caliber player. I backed up the video and slo-mo'd it to be sure.

Jun 8, 2016
So I'm watching the WCWS this weekend and on a closeup of Washington SS Sis Bates, an All American and widely believed to be the best infielder in the game, I notice that she doesn't have her index finger in the proper slot. This means she has two fingers in the pinky slot, one in the ring slot and one in the middle finger slot, not uncommon but somehow a surprise for such a high caliber player. I backed up the video and slo-mo'd it to be sure.
Sis Bates (or any good IF) could field 3/4 of the balls hit to her with a cardboard box for a glove.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Why surprised?

May 23, 2015
Sis Bates (or any good IF) could field 3/4 of the balls hit to her with a cardboard box for a glove.
Correct. A glove is just a way for an infielder to transfer the ball to your throwing hand. Thats it.

As far as finger placement ive been teaching that for 30 years

May 6, 2015
brings an interesting question, do you think any glove manufacturer would ever build a glove designed with only three finger stalls?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elhoff86