Identifying Bats in the Super Regionals

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Pretty much everyone on DD's team is waiting for the OneX to come out. The local division 2 college team is going to test it this fall so everyone is waiting for feedback.

Let us know. Louisville has no info on their site about it. Stores that have pre orders out list it as balanced and has the s1id system....sounds just like a xeno, so whats the dif.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
LS Customer service was telling me about it last week when I was getting yet another Xeno replaced. The difference they made a big deal of was that the inner limiter is made of composite, not aluminum. Saw the factory blurb here, though the bat is not in stock yet:

2013 Louisville Slugger OneX Fastpitch Bat (-10)

btw:
Depending on who answers the phone, 2013 Xeno is either more resilient, or has only cosmetic changes.

Last edited:

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
LS Customer service was telling me about it last week when I was getting yet another Xeno replaced. The difference they made a big deal of was that the inner limiter is made of composite, not aluminum. Saw the factory blurb here, though the bat is not in stock yet:

2013 Louisville Slugger OneX Fastpitch Bat (-10)

btw:
Depending on who answers the phone, 2013 Xeno is either more resilient, or has only cosmetic changes.

Sorry, was writting at same time as you

Sep 18, 2011
And of course the OneX is $50 more expensive than the Xeno. :) DD's org had two teams at 14U ASA nationals in Sioux Falls and both teams used nothing but Xenos (the org got a good deal). But the 97 team lost four bats due to excessive rattling (umpires rejected the bats), and that seems to be a pretty common theme for the Xenos. So long story short everyone is waiting for feedback on the OneX. Hope it proves to be a bit more durable.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
And of course the OneX is $50 more expensive than the Xeno. :) DD's org had two teams at 14U ASA nationals in Sioux Falls and both teams used nothing but Xenos (the org got a good deal). But the 97 team lost four bats due to excessive rattling (umpires rejected the bats), and that seems to be a pretty common theme for the Xenos. So long story short everyone is waiting for feedback on the OneX. Hope it proves to be a bit more durable.

Xenos outnumbered every other bat 3-1 at the utrip nationals.

Sep 18, 2011
Let us know. Louisville has no info on their site about it. Stores that have pre orders out list it as balanced and has the s1id system....sounds just like a xeno, so whats the dif.

What's the difference?? 50 dollars, apparently. :)

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
A lot of the colleges have corporate sponsorships that dictate which bat they use, so when the whole team uses the exact same bat, do not read much into it, other than they probably got them for free!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad