Softball viewing from the Hill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
That also sucks. Bad.

I think there is some laziness going on with the planning/decision making.

At the beginning of all this we didn’t know what steps to take, we were unsure what works.

Now we do know what to do.

Now we know what works.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Note that the name of this site is: "Discuss Fastpitch". Not "Discuss Politics". Not "Discuss Media".

There are forums for free wheeling discussion of politics and the media, but this isn't one of them.
We were discussing softball and the way it's being handled this year....your silencing and deleting posts is a part of the problem Can you not see that or does it not fit your narrative? Thanks for deleting my posts.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
We were discussing softball and the way it's being handled this year....your silencing and deleting posts is a part of the problem Can you not see that or does it not fit your narrative? Thanks for deleting my posts.
1. You are not being silenced. You can over to reddit or tumblr and post whatever you want. You just can't do it here.
2. After 12 months, I've got a pretty good idea what launches threads into "political never-never land."
3. If you want to call me trite vulgarities, simply PM me.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Whatever - your heavy handed ban hammer and deletion of posts is over the top. You've done it before, you're doing it now and I'm sure you'll do it again. Go ahead and feel free to ride roughshod when you feel like it. Your knee jerk reactions and comments to many on here in various sub-forums have chased away more than a few. My posts and comments that you deleted on this particular thread were 100% in support of what QrangeSocks and many others here, are experiencing on their softball journey - and I did link it to softball for whatever that was worth. This is Discuss Fastpitch - let it happen.

Regarding the "trite vulgarities" - nice words, I call 'em like I see 'em...no need to hide.

Jul 3, 2013
Just returned from Florida where DD’s college team played. It was awesome in that the weather was great and we were allowed to watch from normal seating. Masks were pretty much adhered to by the college parents. They have skin in the game and they are mostly going to do it whether they want to or not. There were references to “bubbles”, parents aren’t allowed in many areas we normally would be and contact with our daughters was really limited.

The weird twists:

The games were held on a quad. On Saturday and Sunday there was a 10u tournament going on on the other three fields! Thank you, Mr. Tournament director! They wandered in and out of the stands, some masked some not. We had to walk through the goofiness of the wagons left in the middle of the walkway, the people talking in groups in the middle of the walkways, the (cheering?) moms dads and grannies, the general disorderliness of parents who have not yet learned how to act in that setting etc etc etc. Which is fine. But dang it, we are all trying to keep our college season going. Whether you “believe” in the rules or not, how about not doing anything that puts these college kids season in jeopardy? How about acting like you aren’t the only person who exists in the world?

Next thing: We found out last night that the college we are going to this week is limiting tickets to get in. There will be a lottery. We may not get in to watch. We have already bought plane tickets. We have a rental car. We have a hotel.

This is a stadium setting. It’s outdoors. People can be required to wear masks. Some of us have been vaccinated, (meaning me.)My wife has the anti-bodies and knows this because she has been giving therapeutic plasma for two months.

This really irritates me. NCAA makes money on these athletes. Very few softball players are getting their college completely paid for. Last weekend, my wife and I had to pay $120 bucks to a scumbag tournament director, (thought that was over), to watch my kid play for a school that we are also paying for and my family had to pay $13 bucks to watch it streamed badly on Flo, (another money chiseling profiteer band of pirates). And some knucklehead college is going to keep me from watching a game next weekend? And I’m just now finding out about it?

Come on. Do better.

Surely, they're setting aside some tickets for visiting teams. Not even 1 or 2 per player?

What we've seen with our DD's team, based in KC area with a regional travel schedule - Many teams are requiring covid tests for visiting teams, voluntary self screening for visiting fans(probably home team fans ,too) and an attendance limit. 50 people per team for one tourney, no limitations for fans for another, upcoming games have a 2 per player limit with a pre-approved entry list. I am not aware of any game on schedule that will not allow spectators.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
View attachment 21182I disagree that the admins are ban happy.

If they were, this cat (and his other screen name) would have been banned months ago.

I reported this post over the weekend. BTW, that’s not a thumbs up.
WW - I probably overstepped on the ban happy comment (guess I'm salty with that as I still think FFS was mistreated). The guy you mention above has been on the edge with comments and poking at people for awhile. My post being deleted in this thread (to me) fits right in with what we are talking about with lockdowns, youth sports being cancelled or held in private, etc. The hypocrisy of those making these decisions affecting our kids in the name of science is so blatant it deserves to be called out every chance there is.

Dec 11, 2010
@Comocoach Rumor is 30 tix per visiting team.

I looked at it that maybe instead they could go with two tix per person on roster, parents only, non transferable and go from there.... Seating guidelines, parents must vacate if their team isn’t playing etc.

@Tatonka , I don’t see your post and as much as I love my man Sluggers, I do like to rib him sometimes. He seems to be able to take it!

That being said, running a site like this has to be an enormous pita and I hope they never decide to quit doing it because DFP is probably my #1 entertainment besides my phoney baloney part time retirement job, lol

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
We got in. All parents got in.

Much ado about nothing. Seems to be how we like things in the 2020’s, lol

I shouldn’t have got myself so worked up about it, life is good, y’all

Mar 28, 2014
View attachment 21182I disagree that the admins are ban happy.

If they were, this cat (and his other screen name) would have been banned months ago.

I reported this post over the weekend. BTW, that’s not a thumbs up.

ETA- I actually appreciate the moderation on this site most of the time. Even when it’s me, which has happened... um...... more than once, lol
So on DFP ........ Politics bad, middle finger good.

Got it!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478