How your dd will react

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 20, 2015
Concur there is a privacy issue between the child and their parent. Anonymously posted here. However it is not a private event because of the initiation of the problem and then it's fallout. @tim_s may not like the issue being discussed, neither do I want to, but not going to sweep it under the carpet like it doesn't happen.

you aren't making sense here

you're assuming because one family had an issue, and one parent posted without their daughter knowing, that it's a global issue?

Aug 6, 2013
I have posted videos for feedback here and there on DFP. Daughter always knew and I discussed some of the feedback with her. She has grown up going to different coaches for speed/agility, weights, hitting, pitching at one time, plus worked with many other coaches. She is used to the scrutiny. She is also used to me posting about her. Both her and I worked together on her skills videos. We worked together on her highlight videos as well. She doesn't have access to my Facebook but she does know the code on my phone and can look at my Facebook anytime she wants. When I do brag on her on my Facebook she loves seeing the comments from friends and family.

TBH - next year she will be playing college ball. She will be videoed and talked about regardless. She has never had an expectation of privacy when it comes to softball because there never has been any. It's a public sport she plays in front of other people. She knows she will be discussed. We never approached it that she wouldn't be.

Mar 10, 2020
I have posted videos for feedback here and there on DFP. Daughter always knew and I discussed some of the feedback with her. She has grown up going to different coaches for speed/agility, weights, hitting, pitching at one time, plus worked with many other coaches. She is used to the scrutiny. She is also used to me posting about her. Both her and I worked together on her skills videos. We worked together on her highlight videos as well. She doesn't have access to my Facebook but she does know the code on my phone and can look at my Facebook anytime she wants. When I do brag on her on my Facebook she loves seeing the comments from friends and famil.y.

TBH - next year she will be playing college ball. She will be videoed and talked about regardless. She has never had an expectation of privacy when it comes to softball because there never has been any. It's a public sport she plays in front of other people. She knows she will be discussed. We never approached it that she wouldn't be.
Kudos to communicating with your daughter. She is aware of your activity with the internet video discussion.
That is a large portion of what people bring to these chat rooms. Which can in turn get back to the youth.

Oct 4, 2018
Concur typical behaviors. Posted it knowing both positive and negative comments will come of it. There will still be those with blinders on who take no responsibility. While others like yourself recognize the importance of it.
When teammates hear their friends talking about not trusting parents anymore feeling family betrayal. This issue stood out.

No, it's not a private issue. It's a problem taking a child's privacy to the public.

Well if the dad posts a hard grounder that went through the SS legs and then had 4 mis-throws and calls it DD's Home Run... there might be some comments made.

Oct 4, 2018
I have posted videos for feedback here and there on DFP. Daughter always knew and I discussed some of the feedback with her. She has grown up going to different coaches for speed/agility, weights, hitting, pitching at one time, plus worked with many other coaches. She is used to the scrutiny. She is also used to me posting about her. Both her and I worked together on her skills videos. We worked together on her highlight videos as well. She doesn't have access to my Facebook but she does know the code on my phone and can look at my Facebook anytime she wants. When I do brag on her on my Facebook she loves seeing the comments from friends and family.

Yup.

Isn't it crazy? They are in public, playing in public, with their performance/stats in public. Better get used to that or you have a long road ahead. The better team you get on, the more your performance will be discussed by others.

Oct 26, 2019
Yup.

Isn't it crazy? They are in public, playing in public, with their performance/stats in public. Better get used to that or you have a long road ahead. The better team you get on, the more your performance will be discussed by others.
This is a good reason why you do not have to brag about yourself because if you are good enough, other people will do most of the talking for you.

Mar 10, 2020
Yup.

Are you advocating parents starting
on-line conversations about their child with name and videos to the anonymous public behind their child's back?
This isn't about random video of games of which you are describing. This is a parent having ongoing discussions about the child behind their back. Therein lies the risk of the child finding out and the repercussions of how the child might react to their own parent.
Edit: See there are those that understand this but crazy that there are people responding on this forum that cannot separate this issue from game video anyone can post about.

Last edited:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Are you advocating parents starting
on-line conversations about their child with name and videos to the anonymous public behind their child's back?
This isn't about random video of games of which you are describing. This is a parent having ongoing discussions about the child behind their back. Therein lies the risk of the child finding out and the repercussions of how the child might react to their own parent.
Edit: See there are those that understand this but crazy that there are people responding on this forum that cannot separate this issue from game video anyone can post about.
I have avoided answering you directly but I will now. I didn't ask my daughter for permission. I posted videos of her here and on other sites. I saw the best and worst of doing that. I have talked enough about the bad. The good was creating a group of people who became involved in the development of my dd's swing. Those suggestions here and there that I might have missed due to the rose-colored glasses we all have, helped me help her. In doing this she eventually made friends with others whose dads did the same. I recall the first time she met one of them in person. They went and hit together. It was a blast. I won't mention her name but many of you saw her grow up and play in college at a top-level D-I school. During that time, she was also seen by college coaches all over the country long before people posted this stuff on Twitter and she received offers from all over the country. Some might remember the time I posted that the school she was going to attend lowered their offer and she was not attending that school. Before the end of the day, she had offers.

Bullseye, I am the dad. I would like to think that I would not do anything to offend her or to embarrass her. She trusted me then and our relationship now can't be better. I would think that the various calls she received during the process and even now that she is coaching in college proved to her that I made good choices for her. As mudvnine always says, your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amc2221