How your dd will react

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 4, 2018
when she finds out you've been showing her video's and discussing her on a public website.

She already knows. She is cool with it.

We told them at birth that we own them and their internet experience until they're out of the house. We do grab their phones randomly and check their texts and we monitor their social media. They needed to agree to this before we'd let them use phones/social media. There have been no issues.

And yes, they might have sneaky ways to do things we wouldn't approve of.

Jun 19, 2020
If you post it they will come!!

You will get both positive and negative comments, it is what it is. I feel like most people understand that; however I have seen some thick parent goggles. My DD understands it, and has seen both sides of the equation. Feedback is a gift, you can choose what you do with it. I have my thoughts on SM, but more kids and parents are active on it. NIL is driving SM use up as well.

Jun 8, 2016
Hopefully she isn't going by @pattar.
AIiCPTA.gif

Mar 10, 2020
If you post it they will come!!

You will get both positive and negative comments, it is what it is. I feel like most people understand that; however I have seen some thick parent goggles. My DD understands it, and has seen both sides of the equation. Feedback is a gift, you can choose what you do with it. I have my thoughts on SM, but more kids and parents are active on it. NIL is driving SM use up as well.
Concur typical behaviors. Posted it knowing both positive and negative comments will come of it. There will still be those with blinders on who take no responsibility. While others like yourself recognize the importance of it.
When teammates hear their friends talking about not trusting parents anymore feeling family betrayal. This issue stood out.
sounds like a private issue that should have been kept private
No, it's not a private issue. It's a problem taking a child's privacy to the public.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
The small amount of video I've posted of DD on DFP has been in search of information and helping her. I'm fortunate in the fact that DFP has provided that. She doesn't care, especially as some of the feedback I've received has helped her. She also is active on Twitter posting video. So it's not like I'm sharing anything she hasn't put out into the world already. If there was anything that I remotely thought she wouldn't be okay with, I don't post/share.

One thing that helped me as a parent was seeing others who posted videos or updates of their DD's. As it allowed me to understand whether what DD was experiencing was unique or not. So, in kind, that's also another reason why I post videos or ask for help periodically.

I think most on DFP want to help and offer assistance from their experience. Whether one listens or not is entirely up to them.

Last edited:
May 20, 2015
Concur typical behaviors. Posted it knowing both positive and negative comments will come of it. There will still be those with blinders on who take no responsibility. While others like yourself recognize the importance of it.
When teammates hear their friends talking about not trusting parents anymore feeling family betrayal. This issue stood out.

No, it's not a private issue. It's a problem taking a child's privacy to the public.

it 100% is a private issue between the child and the parent that posted it

Mar 10, 2020
it 100% is a private issue between the child and the parent that posted it
Concur there is a privacy issue between the child and their parent. Anonymously posted here. However it is not a private event because of the initiation of the problem and then it's fallout. @tim_s may not like the issue being discussed, neither do I want to, but not going to sweep it under the carpet like it doesn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amc2221