How to teach power

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 12, 2014
Your legs need to be active in the sense that as you stride out with the front leg - the rear leg is holding its position stretching muscles in the back, arse and legs to the point that when you start to swing every muscles that got stretched now contracts into a powerful lower body move without much effort.

Just like throwing.

Most girls don't throw well because they don't know how to use their legs correctly - same goes for hitting.

Try some crow hopping throws to start to get the feel for the legs. Both legs.

She figured out throwing, although I don't know how. She was playing third in practice a couple of weeks ago and out of nowhere started making these great throws to first. I'll try that drill Eric posted and see if that helps.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
She figured out throwing, although I don't know how. She was playing third in practice a couple of weeks ago and out of nowhere started making these great throws to first. I'll try that drill Eric posted and see if that helps.

Keep her throwing, and have her pay attention to how that action feels in her own body, and what her body is doing to create it. Then, have her swing a bat and try to re-create the feeling she had while throwing.

Aug 12, 2014
It looks like it's starting to come. She hit two over the shortstop's head today. Didn't reach the grass, but they had some nice pop to them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl