How to deal with Error

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2019
This past Saturday ship 10u game dd was on the rubber, lots of errors on defense, simple grounders would turn into doubles or triples., pitcher and catcher trying their best to keep game alive. After loosing game DD comes out to me and ask me, “why is my team letting us down” (referring to pitcher and catcher ) I couldn’t answer that what would you say about it ? Other than you win as a team and loose as a team ?

Apr 20, 2015
I'd ask my daughter why she sometimes throws a ball when she's trying so hard to throw a strike. Her teammates were not making errors on purpose, they were also trying hard and sometimes it doesn't go your way. I'd also remind her that I would hope her teammates would never wonder why she was letting them down when she walks a batter or gives up a hit. This is a lesson in being a good teammate.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

NBECoach

Learning everyday
Aug 9, 2018
Remind DD that she walks hitters, gives up hits, has bad games etc. Does she not think she is letting the team down? Does the coach not make note of the deficiencies of the defense and practice to improve it?

Really though this is 10U girls softball. They are learning how to play the game and need a good positive coach.

Dec 18, 2016
This is a 2 year 10u,
ok....they're still 10 or 11 at oldest. If you can't respond to an 11YO about why her team makes errors at this age, you're not going to be any happier at 12, 14 and above. It happens. Remember there will be times when the game is lost due to a fatty over the plate too, and those same players will be asking why the pitcher let them down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying