How important is the bat actually?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 23, 2022
Every girl seems to have their own preference of bat brand/model. I mean if you’re a good hitter with a Ghost then using a CF shouldn’t hurt you as a hitter correct. Well at least that what I try to explain to my two daughters.

Oct 23, 2022
That was the great thing about my youngest DD 8U travel team she got to swing all the major brands. In the end she realized she loved Demarini bats and the ghost advanced. She didn’t like the regular double barrel ghost, ghost unlimited and Mantra at all.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
That was the great thing about my youngest DD 8U travel team she got to swing all the major brands. In the end she realized she loved Demarini bats and the ghost advanced. She didn’t like the regular double barrel ghost, ghost unlimited and Mantra at all.
And all have diff feels...thats why performance wise, yes, all bats are good. But there is always a bat or 2 that a hitter
prefers

Jun 4, 2024
Earth
Along with that preference comes comfortable and confident.
Could it be said that money can buy confidence? Possibly.

Can remember there were two of the same bats I could use. Supposedly same weight length exactly the same as each other. But I definitely know I preferred one over the other.
So much so that one time I exchanged bats during my at-bat because I had grabbed the wrong one. After that I made sure to Mark the bat I like so that would never happen again.

They did not have the same feel when contacting with the ball and in my opinion they did not have the same result when contacting the ball.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Along with that preference comes comfortable and confident.
Could it be said that money can buy confidence? Possibly.

Can remember there were two of the same bats I could use. Supposedly same weight length exactly the same as each other. But I definitely know I preferred one over the other.
So much so that one time I exchanged bats during my at-bat because I had grabbed the wrong one. After that I made sure to Mark the bat I like so that would never happen again.

They did not have the same feel when contacting with the ball and in my opinion they did not have the same result when contacting the ball.
Also have to remember weighting. So you may have the same bat, but one may be heavier or lighter than the other

Jun 4, 2024
Earth
✔️ manufacturing processes are not always exact.

Also have to remember weighting. So you may have the same bat, but one may be heavier or lighter than the other
Even with the same exact bats comparing to each other! That is why
I was commenting about the same exact bat. Same exact bat weight length *everything description.
?

Mar 2, 2021
Re Marucci, my daughter loves the Echo connect, good balance, good pop. Just got a new "old" white and gold for $199 w the new 2024 white and silver model coming out and it was reasonably hot right away w about two days of break in ... the only problem is this is our third Marucci in three years (middle one was a free warranty replacement).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoons831