How important is the bat actually?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
What about Marucci fastpitch bats? Have they gotten any better?
Marucci makes great bats. Since the original 2021 Echo and Echo Connect models came out, they've been as good as any other bat on the market. They just don't have the name in fastpitch that they do in baseball where they are the 800 LB gorilla.

Mar 2, 2021
Marucci makes great bats. Since the original 2021 Echo and Echo Connect models came out, they've been as good as any other bat on the market. They just don't have the name in fastpitch that they do in baseball where they are the 800 LB gorilla.
Cat8 was THE baseball bat when our older son was 13 a few years ago so we gave marucci a shot when we saw a good price on the red and black fastpitch model clearancing out. Got the white and gold connect as a warranty replacement and have loved the performance. Just got another to replace that one after it died, and same. Our only issue has been durability. But I guess with the warranty it's been about 2.5 years for one $179 purchase ... you can tell me if that's good or not. White and gold is now clearancing out at good prices.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Cat8 was THE baseball bat when our older son was 13 a few years ago so we gave marucci a shot when we saw a good price on the red and black fastpitch model clearancing out. Got the white and gold connect as a warranty replacement and have loved the performance. Just got another to replace that one after it died, and same. Our only issue has been durability. But I guess with the warranty it's been about 2.5 years for one $179 purchase ... you can tell me if that's good or not. White and gold is now clearancing out at good prices.
The CAT line is still the bat we sell more of than anything else, and it's not even close. Do you know how the girls freak out (or maybe it's the dopey dads) when the new Ghosts come out? It's more exaggerated with the CAT line than even the Ghosts.

$179 for 2.5 years' worth of bats? That's fantastic.

Oct 23, 2022
There have been a couple of mothers on the team saying they want to try the echo connect. Never seen one in west Texas or New Mexico used by younger or older girls. If Marucci that good at baseball bats shocked they don’t have a bigger piece of the softball market.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021
There have been a couple of mothers on the team saying they want to try the echo connect. Never seen one west Texas or New Mexico used by younger or older girls. If Marucci that good at baseball bats shocked they don’t have a bigger piece of the softball market.
Again it's a good bat. I saw a couple college teams down your way use it. Texas Tech? At least one "name" pro softball player reps marucci but I can't recall who. With the new model coming out we just got a new "old" one for $199. It came Wednesday night and she used it in last weekend's tournament ... it had some pop in it w minimal break in.

Jan 20, 2023
My daughter loved her red and black echo connect. The gold and white ones were okay. She switched to an LXT but it broke - so she pulled out a warranty replacement echo connect. She did 300 break in hits- but it was not super broken in. She hit a lot of singles - but no extra base hits- which is weird for her. She’s excited to get her LXT replacement and go back to that. For her she just didn’t get the pop the LXT gives her. Her first tourney with the LXT she hit her first ever over the fence home run after a year of using echo connects.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
There have been a couple of mothers on the team saying they want to try the echo connect. Never seen one in west Texas or New Mexico used by younger or older girls. If Marucci that good at baseball bats shocked they don’t have a bigger piece of the softball market.
They don't need to dominate in fastpitch when they sell so many baseball bats. They only came into being in 2009, and they have over 50% of the MLB market already. We sell 10Xs the baseball bats than we sell of fastpitch ones. Why focus on a smaller market when you don't need to do so?

Texas Tech is a Marucci school, and quite a few Athletes Unlimited girls use them during their season.

Oct 23, 2022
Funny you say that Texas Tech is a Marucci school. There was a travel softball organization named Marucci in Lubbock Texas. The team split from the Marucci organization and became west Texas Smoke this season. They had some good 8U teams under the Marucci name in 2023.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Add NC State, Michigan State, and Georgia to that list now. In 2023, there were five Marucci schools. In 2024, there were 11.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogoff1968