Home Run Derby - Ghost vs LXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
Of course the players at a high end nationals hit machine balls.

Everyone posts that you should look for an old bat to hit machine balls with. Problem is, there are less and less of those around, they don’t hit like the game bats and the old bats are bringing a premium price. The other problem is that practice with another bat isn’t practicing with the game bat.

So what do players do? They buy two and they are in a constant warranty swap rotation. I personally don’t see any way around it.

Jul 22, 2020
And here I am with a 5'0, 100 lb 9 year old and can't wait to see the difference when she goes from a 30/17 Bustos to a 31/21 2020 CF... The only reason she was hitting the smaller Bustos was that she broke her arm in August. The ball seemed to come off it well, but excited to see the difference after Santa comes by...

Also just upgraded my daughter to the 2020 CF 31/21 from a lower end axe bat. She instantly swung it better and loved the weight of it. ball seemed to really fly off the bat even on "weak hits" Just need to get her some more cage time and get her really pumping out the hits now.

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
My DD just picked up a 34” -8 2020 LXT on Bat Day. She is a strong catcher and wanted to try something heavy. She has been crushing with a 2018 Ghost 34” -10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 31, 2019
When the blue USA Ghost was introduced I was seeing a 3-4 mph jump in exit velocity in the test I did. Challenge with that bat (in my opinion) was that it was not very forgiving if you missed just up or just down. I’m not overly impressed with the 20/20 or Advanced, but it probably because I liked the USA so much

Jun 19, 2016
When the blue USA Ghost was introduced I was seeing a 3-4 mph jump in exit velocity in the test I did. Challenge with that bat (in my opinion) was that it was not very forgiving if you missed just up or just down. I’m not overly impressed with the 20/20 or Advanced, but it probably because I liked the USA so much

I have measure my DD many times on exit speed with identical blue and gold ghosts. I honestly didn't see much difference between the two. The variation in her swing was greater than the variation of the two bats.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA