Hitter/Howard question..

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
Lol! I'm the most unskilled human on the planet. Look close at the one in my hand. The rope is hollow, pinch it together and it makes space between the strands and you just stick the end of the rope in there and feed it into the hollow center of the rope. Feed in 3-4 inches and when the loop is the right size just pull the rope tight and it won't come out.

I use electrical tape on the end of the rope to make it pointy and feed in without snagging.

I think it's called hollow core braided nylon rope, every walmart or hardware store has it.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
After reading this thread, this is the diagram I sent my team:
Hitting Zone.jpg
I left it to them to figure out how to configure this in their garage/basement.

Nov 12, 2013
maritimes
i ended up stitching white twine lines all the way across my bownet and down the middle as in the picture above. what i have noticed so far is that the girls have a really hard time hitting up the middle and sometimes even miss the net for the first few rounds. some start to hit near the middle on their second or third round. common comment is "it looks easier"

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Nice job with the diagram. Howard would be proud of you for that...:D

Mine has been up for about 8 years

Catching ball trough, swimming pool noodle cut up, white plumbing pipe water line to make the ball catch.

SL

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
tilt and plane in, slow motion...matrix drill mirror...I asked one girl what the blue tape was for and she said the mirror's broke?
Got a chuckle out of that...;)

extra heater 220 volt

SL

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom