Hate to do it, but I have another scoring question.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 13, 2010
Here's a quote from the news article on the ISF page

“This is an historic day”, said IBAF president and WBSC co-president, Riccardo Fraccari. “We have brought a new level of worldwide unity and determination to our quest to return to the Games. The 65 million currently playing baseball and softball around the world now have a single federation to rally behind.”

The ISF no longer exists as a single entity.

X pitcher

Banned
Apr 5, 2013
Micco Fl.
The ISF still exists and IT will have a WT every other year. You are talking about male baseball and female softball joining together to get back into the Olympics. The two sports fighting together, still don't have much of a chance of getting back into the Olympic games, now do they? There are not enough countries that can compete with the better teams. Didn't you see all the lopsided games in the last ISF female WT? Most of the games weren't worth watching. Same in the Olympics, and with the pro players not playing on Team USA anymore, we don't and won't dominate international female FP anymore,I'm afraid.

Mar 13, 2010
If softball went back into the Olympics, I think you'll find that the American top players would be playing again for team USA.

And the argument that only certain teams compete at the top level is laid for a number of sports. Basketball has never been even threatened with being kicked out, despite America dominating. Table tennis is still in despite only a small number of Asian countries dominating. Same with diving.

You're probably right but I hope softball/baseball get back in. Having the MLB on board should help significantly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl