Another Look Back Rule question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
For the record, the coach told the pitcher she needed to back home on the sac fly, so he's at fault for distracting her, and he admitted it was his mistake.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Thank you for Sunday morning softball video 🙂

Beyond the rule book what do you see happening in that situation?
I can assume you mean the defense is asleep at the switch? On that, I won't disagree, but this was a very clear LBR violation. The opposing coach either didn't know the rule and got lucky, or he knew the rule and is similar in nature to the coach who told the girl to miss the base by 10 feet. I'm going with the latter.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Was just looking for your take on the situation. Completely preventable by the defense.

Shouldn't be relying on the 50/50 chance an umpire will officiate a situation.
I don't coach anymore. Heck, I wasn't even in the same state. But had I been at the field, I can assure you that play would not have happened.

We got burned in HS ball on a LBR because our coaches did and said nothing. They didn't tell the fielders what to do, and being the good parent, I bit my tongue and said nothing while my head voice was screaming out the right play.

What pissed me off even more was our coaches said nothing to the umpires.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I don't coach anymore. Heck, I wasn't even in the same state. But had I been at the field, I can assure you that play would not have happened.

We got burned in HS ball on a LBR because our coaches did and said nothing. They didn't tell the fielders what to do, and being the good parent, I bit my tongue and said nothing while my head voice was screaming out the right play.

What pissed me off even more was our coaches said nothing to the umpires.
It can be difficult to watch bad softball.
🙈🙉🙊🥳

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3girlsDad