Halo Light vs. Synge Vs. Bustos

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 4, 2012
Going to buy a new bat for my dd just not sure which one to get. Been looking for a while know. Currently she has been swinging a 29-19 Easton Aluminum Bat (old hitting coach said it was good and anything lighter and she wouldnt get any distance on the ball. The new hitting coach said get her a little lighter bat. She used a borrowed 29-17 Easton last night and I saw a big difference. SO which of these bats would you go with. 8-u a little over 4ft tall 60 pounds.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
For little girls and -12 bats, the mikens rule. Halo light or rain light. The rain had more flex and rebound then the halo, so small girls got a better trampoline effect. They dont make the rain anymore, or my guess is it is the freak light now. Also the new halo advertises "advanced flex tech"
You can find either bat new for around $125, so not much more than a cheapo. Also girls that have used bats this size are usually no hitting hard enough to wear them out, so I would hesitate to buy a used one.

I think the synge is the same as previous years synergy crystal. We have one of those in the garage, it's a 31" turd.

Sorry I meant I would NOT hesitate to buy one used.

Apr 1, 2010
DD had a Halo Light and I thought it was pretty nice. I've heard good things about the Synge and Bustos too. At her age and size, I think any of them would elicit ooh's and ah's from her teammates. Get whichever one you can find the cheapest!

When she's older, bigger and stronger, you can get her back into a drop 10 bat and you'll have a slew of hot choices.

I agree with redhot. In the 29" length and larger drops, I would definitely consider a used bat. The girl using it is not likely to have used it long enough or hit hard enough to use up its pop. Save money now, you'll need it later! :)

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
Why yes,yes it does:cool:You dont think we have all been there ,right where you are right now.I can remember looking at expensive bats when my daughter was 8yo.I really dont think it matters,find something that she can handle.I was just giving you some advice, that I wish ,I had when my daughter was young.Keep it fun,dont get caught up into this bat race.Give her a couple more years then see.

Axe

Jul 7, 2011
Atlanta
We have the Halo Light and the Synge probably like the Halo a touch better (the Halo is a -12.5 and the Synge is a -11.5, so they aren't the same. The Bustos is a -13, right? My 8U DD is about the same size and swings the 29-17 TPS Zephyr, its a couple years old and really broken in(older sister hand me down). The new model is a drop -13 but you can get great deals on the older drop 12 (blue and green). We love it for a younger players bat.

Apr 4, 2012
No worries. My apology for coming off badly. I am just trying to figure out the right thing for her at this point. I appreciate the post.

Mar 8, 2012
+1 on -12 Zephyr. My DD loved it until she out grew it. Just sold it off and the new owner hit well with it.

I've had several players used the -11.5 Synge and the biggest complaint is the vibrations off the bat. This was several different lengths and players.

No idea on the other bats.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC