Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
SRV, ZZ Top, and AC/DC, three shows I never saw!
Saw ZZ Top on the Eliminator tour. I wasn’t familiar with their older stuff back then but I love their older stuff now. I just did the Apple Music playlist in honor of Dusty. So much great, unique music.

Saw a guy wearing this tee shirt this week. I can’t decide if it was retro cool or something else.

7BDC7AB1-1E3B-4EB1-8C70-B3A9E9A13FD2.jpeg

Dec 11, 2010
I love both of these albums. I have them both off of iTunes. I need to go back and relisten to The Wall.
Listening to music in the form of an album is a really different experience than how most do it to day! There were so many little treasures to be found when you had to listen to the whole thing.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Listening to music in the form of an album is a really different experience than how most do it to day! There were so many little treasures to be found when you had to listen to the whole thing.
And as far as me…..I’m almost always a side “B” guy! The gems the mainstream stations left alone.

This is where Zeppelin shines for me!

Dec 11, 2010
I’m pretty interested to hear what some others thought were GOAT albums- maybe just something that always seemed to be playing over and over again.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
First concert I ever saw was ZZ Top back in '75, Thin Lizzy & Pure Prairie League opened for them. I think there best live album ever was Fandango and their best studio effort was Tres Hombres (came out in '73 I think...solid work. Absolutely love Dark Side, one of my college roommates hitchhiked down to Madison Square Garden and saw Floyd when they first came out with The Wall. They only played those first shows at MSG and the LA Coliseum...why I didn't go I am never quite sure! I did get to see Floyd in '88 at Mile High Stadium for the Momentary Lapse of Reason tour...phenomenal show.
SRV is one that got away...love his stuff and still listen all the time.
Little Feat "Waiting for Columbus" is probably my all time favorite live album, got to see them several times but sadly never before Lowell George passed.
Oh yeah, saw AC/DC with Blue Oyster Cult back in '79 also...huge energy and great early laser light show!
The list goes on......

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I’m pretty interested to hear what some others thought were GOAT albums- maybe just something that always seemed to be playing over and over again.
Not old by any means, just wanted to name a few that I’ll listen to for weeks at a time.

**Audioslave’s debut album, fantastic start to finish, it’s just great!

**Jimmy Page and the Black Crowes live at the Greek, just awesome!

**Blues Traveler Live from the Fall, acquired taste but an old favorite of mine!

**Creed’s My Own Prison gets a mention also.

**And which Rush album do I mention?? Moving Pictures was a game changer! Rush deserves their own thread! High school gold for me…..no check that, lifetime gold!

**Van Halen Fair Warning!

**SRV’s second time at Austin City Limits after he was clean, perfection, he and Double Trouble just killed it!

**Love Dave Matthews Band Live at Red Rocks, never gets old!

**And of course Led Zeppelin…..what you going to choose from 1969 through 1979? Hottest ticket in the music world! So much insanely great music! Seeing (and hearing) “Gallows Pole“ at the Charlotte Coliseum in 1998 at the Plant / Page reunion tour is still the most incredible song I’ve ever seen / heard live. Never seen a crowd sooo WOW’ed before!

It’s early, my old brain isn’t working too great just yet! More to come I’m sure.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
First concert I ever saw was ZZ Top back in '75, Thin Lizzy & Pure Prairie League opened for them. I think there best live album ever was Fandango and their best studio effort was Tres Hombres (came out in '73 I think...solid work. Absolutely love Dark Side, one of my college roommates hitchhiked down to Madison Square Garden and saw Floyd when they first came out with The Wall. They only played those first shows at MSG and the LA Coliseum...why I didn't go I am never quite sure! I did get to see Floyd in '88 at Mile High Stadium for the Momentary Lapse of Reason tour...phenomenal show.
SRV is one that got away...love his stuff and still listen all the time.
Little Feat "Waiting for Columbus" is probably my all time favorite live album, got to see them several times but sadly never before Lowell George passed.
Oh yeah, saw AC/DC with Blue Oyster Cult back in '79 also...huge energy and great early laser light show!
The list goes on......
Great post, you saw some great shows that I sadly didn’t!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Good brand of edc knife? I'm thinking best bang for the buck. I'm not a hunter or anything...just a guy who needs to cut things on occasion. I'm left handed but that doesn't make a difference, does it?
For me, once you get used to the Spyderco opening hole, nothing else is the same! I’ve wanted a Chris Reeve folder for probably 15 years, and yes I’d absolutely pay $450 for one as crazy as that seems, phenomenal knives!

I’ve probably handled 20 different Chris Reeve knives, the machine work and tolerances are pure art…..but I hate their thumb opening studs. If Chris Reeve and Spyderco ever did a collaboration together with a thumb opening hole, I’ll be the first inline to buy one!

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
Good brand of edc knife? I'm thinking best bang for the buck. I'm not a hunter or anything...just a guy who needs to cut things on occasion. I'm left handed but that doesn't make a difference, does it?
I may be old school, but I carry a Buck 503 all day everyday. It is just a simple lock blade small knife that fits easy in any pocket. I've been carrying it for almost 5 years now so it looks a little rough, but it's clean from regular trips thru the washer.
The Spiderco's are really neat little knives too.

1628346595003.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes