Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 12, 2020
Don’t think they’ve been discussed here much, greatest album ever made? I think maybe so! Definitely one of the albums of my youth!
View attachment 23448
I wouldn't put this up against DSOTM, but a fantastic album I discovered in middle age was from singer songwriter John Prine. It's self titled and written when he was just 24 and had only a few chords under his belt. In spite of that, the song has a number of all-timers including Hello in There, Angel From Montgomery, Sam Stone, and Paradise. Old age, Vietnam ptsd, the rape of the South...lots of heavy topics...After dying from covid a little over a year ago, his wife scattered his ashes in the Green River, Kentucky as requested fifty years earlier in "Paradise." Parful stuff.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
Overall the forums are pretty dead- I think we are in the part of the yearly cycle where everyone is done with their seasons and are either exhausted by sb or focusing on tryouts….

Apr 6, 2017
About every 15 minutes I check our e-mail waiting for Dd new coach to respond.. Nice guy but he’s never given me his cell # and is painfully slow
at e-mail response. Dd has a spot on next years team . Now dead silence.
Ughh. I’m sure it’s stressful as a coach breaking bad news to people.
End of season scramble!

Feb 1, 2021
So yesterday I made the mistake of commenting on a Twitter post that supposedly was being given a lot of attention from a certain political party as fact but was very easily made debatable at best using common sense. When I posted a couple of points that they couldn't refute, I unknowingly set all the Twits ablaze. It's an unbelievably cruel world out there.

Anyone else innocently comment on social media and inadvertently go viral?

Apr 6, 2017
I stay away from social media. This as close to social anything I do. No Facebook or any of it. Even here I get nervous posting some time. At work I have a strong anti vaccination/ trump guy. We have fun talking daily about conspiracy’s. That’s enough to keep me entertained and out of trouble!

Feb 1, 2021
I stay away from social media. This as close to social anything I do. No Facebook or any of it. Even here I get nervous posting some time. At work I have a strong anti vaccination/ trump guy. We have fun talking daily about conspiracy’s. That’s enough to keep me entertained and out of trouble!
I usually do to. I have FB but I don't put it on my phone to limit my availability to it. I also have Twitter, but I can actually control much better what I see. I do cybersecurity work and have to have Twitter. We find out about new stuff faster there then we do anywhere else. Every once in a while something sneaks thru and I stupidly think, "well it cant get out of control EVERY time can it?" I was waaaay wrong.

By the way, thats the reason I kind of got a little 'less than patient' on your other bat post yesterday. I let it get to me. Now I'm just wondering how long it's going to go on before I can get back on my Twitter feed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1