Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Lol, well if you have seen my other posts here you'd know I tend to 'try stuff'. I currently own an Eddie Merckx EMX and a gorgeous Litespeed titanium road bike that for some reason, the model escapes me at the moment. The EMX is kitted with SRAM Force. The Litespeed is SRAM Red. Don't laugh, but despite the investments made above, my favorite bike to ride is my cheap Trek 2.3 from 2010. The geometry fits me to perfection. All my bikes are stripped down and rebuilt with the components I want to try. The 2.3 has been rekitted 3 times, but I'm back to the old Shimano 105 which is hard to beat.

I also have a couple GT mountain bikes, but it didn't take to many hard tumbles to learn I don't have the manly bits to take it to the level I would really enjoy. I feared injury more then the enjoyment of hanging it all out there.

I haven't seen your other posts here. That sounds like a nice collection. One of the reasons I'm riding a singlespeed in the dirt (old Trek OCLV hardtail 26er) is that it's somewhat limiting in speed simply because it doesn't have the gears to push against over about 13mph. I pay more attention to line, flow, and maintaining momentum, rather than pushing for speed all the time. For my old bones, it's the right choice.

This is my main ride - Storck F.3 Platiunum with Campy Record. I wish the motor was better.
1625671772524.png

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Crazy talk, anyone who rides a singlespeed is a masochist!! Too much pain and suffering for this old man! Glad you can handle it Eric, tip of the cap to you!

Meh. You can suffer on any bike. That said, it's a different kind of effort when you're always in the wrong gear. For the most part, my 32x19 gearing allows me to ride most of what I would ride on a geared bike in my area, but there are definitely times when climbing is an exercise in brute force. I'm enjoying the challenge of it.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
@ANNASDAD and @CoreSoftball20

I have an excellent condition Winchester 1873 in 32wcf (unfortunately). Its a late 1880s manufacture date! Really nice shooter, hardly more umph than a 22. That is an original western lever gun!

Also have a pristine Winchester M1 Carbine! That is my all time favorite! Shoots amazing and so light
Rare pieces, very nice. You’ve got me wearing Google out! I’m honestly not familiar with the 32wcf round.

My only lever gun left, a Marlin 39A Golden .22 with a fantastic family story behind it…..that involved my insanely headstrong, stubborn Mom having to eat a big ole helping of humble pie full of dead, rotting crow!! And it was a great day!

DDBA3E36-72A3-4E4C-8BDE-D51A9BEFE261.jpeg28EF4EE0-9D3C-490D-91C4-1A46A1D411AB.jpeg

Oct 16, 2019
#1. What ya listening to right now, favorite music? Favorite, bands, musicians? Anything from Alter Bridge to today's pop music that my three girls love to listen to.

#2. What's your favorite movie? A movie that'll stop you in your tracks when you're channel surfing? Any Bourne movie will have me putting the remote down; favorite actor though is Costner.

#3. Not a big drinker but...….favorite go to beer? Miller Lite.

#4. Favorite sports team? Any sport. Life-long Reds fan, but now I just prefer to watch good teams play - lately that has been the Reds to some extent :)

#5. Other hobbies, interests besides fastpitch? Gloves, knives, firearms? I have always enjoyed firearms. But in reality, with three daughters active in softball, volleyball, dance, gymnastics, and long hours of working, who am I kidding, I just have guns collecting dust at the moment.

Feb 1, 2021
This is my main ride - Storck F.3 Platiunum with Campy Record. I wish the motor was better.
View attachment 22871
Shes a beauty! I like it. Did that come kitted Campy or did you build it? A full Campy set is hard to find, even on the Internet!

Basically my other posts are equal parts mutual interest and being bashed for my collections of random things that I enjoy. I also collect Jeeps, motorcycles, bows (archery, not hair), and softball bats. I was single in my late 30s making good $. Expensive hobbies are better than a drug habit so,...

I'm not a hoarder though! I give a lot of things away when someone is in need.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478