great weekend

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2011
The DW and I drove DD (2017 grad) to her first unofficial visit. 14 hours in the car. On Friday we had a full day at the university. Met with coaches, players, academic advisor, trainer, etc., etc. Unbelievable reception. Just a really special day for the DD. It was her first vist and i'm sure it won't be her last, but I just don't see how anything could top that experience.

So on saturday morning we woke up just after 4 and drove 8 hours to a tournament. She arrived just in time for warmups prior to her first pool play game. Played two games on saturday and then 5 games yesterday for single elimination bracket play (56 team field). She saved her best for last, going 3 for 3 with 2 huge doubles in the championship game, and she made a spectacular defensive play at third base as well, diving to her left and then throwing out the runner from her knees (with two outs and runners on 2 and 3). But, alas, they still lost the championship game 5-3 in ITB. But still, all things considred, this was the best weekend of softball we've ever had.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Great weekend of softball, especially after the weekend she played when she was sick! Congratulations!

Jun 24, 2013
Those truly are magical moments aren't they? I remember the first time my DD made a throw from the knees. It was 10U all star tryouts. The coach was hitting ground balls to the girls at 3B. He miss-hits a ball to my DD's right (well he thinks he miss-hits it) He starts to say "Sorry..." but my DD dives, backhands it and throws to 1B from her knees, bullet throw on target. He ends up saying "Sorry....well I guess not..". The coaches take a few minutes to pick up their eyeballs. Moments like that make what we do enjoyable. I am glad your DD and you had a great weekend.

Dec 7, 2011
I love the glow in the eyes after they have the visit to the school and get that interest that just pumps up their confidence and renews their drive. It's a magical work-hard-and-get-the-reward moment that is just soooooooo cool about high-end sports.

Congrats!