good article on vision training

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Nice post Amy. I have around 4 pages of different vision training drills we have used over the years. I find it interesting that many post information on hitting on here or bats, but fail to understand this! Or fail to teach it. During the Olmpics team USA worked on vision drills to see the ball better to improve hitting. Yet it is hard to find any site on hitting covering this very important subject. Few in cover the subject of what is your dominate eye. Better know this when you switch a kid to be a lefty slapper!

Jul 26, 2010
Have a field trip and teach the girls how to shoot (helicopter parents need not reply). You'll learn which eye is their dominate very quickly while teaching a worthwhile skill they can pass on to their children.

Coach Candrea is big on vision training. He spoke about it at length the last time I was at one of his confrences.

-W

Dec 9, 2011
I thought I seen something about dominate eye on a hitting forum.......hmmmm... SB you are correct you better know which eye is dominate when you switch a kid. (Dominate eye means little..... Where did I read that???) Now he says Better know this before you switch a kid to be a slapper.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
My son is a juggler when he was 12 it became his obsession. The next season his batting average soared and his strikeouts became non existent. I always thought the juggling trained his hand eye coordination

Oct 10, 2011
My son is a juggler when he was 12 it became his obsession. The next season his batting average soared and his strikeouts became non existent. I always thought the juggling trained his hand eye coordination

I can't remember which site it was, but they actually recommended juggling for vision training and gave instructions on how to do it. We gave up but it was pretty funny to try!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl