Almost on one hand... Head scratcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2017
In the Florida State-Tennessee game (just now) after two illegal pitches were called:
"I've watched her pitch all year and she hasn't been called for anything illegal."
So we should allow her to continue to crow-hop?

EDIT: Three
EDIT: Four
They are calling because her right foot ( drive) is pushing off in front of and not on the rubber. Fouts has made a living doing the same thing and has never been called.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

May 29, 2015
They are calling because her right foot ( drive) is pushing off in front of and not on the rubber. Fouts has made a living doing the same thing and has never been called.

That was the first call. The next three were leaping. (Admittedly, I have the sound down and was seeing the replays.)

EDIT: They just had a "rules expert" on who pointed out she was repositioning her stride foot and leaping. I saw the first one where she slid forward a bit, but after that I thought her heel was over the rubber even though it came up.

One of the announcers just said "You're not going to call it all year and you are going to call it now? That's ridiculous." I don't disagree, but the ridiculous is NOT calling it now. It is the umpires who didn't call her for it all year (or any year before) and the coaches who taught/allowed it all year.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
Adopting the mens rule would end 99% of this goofiness.

I’m sorry, the baboons present at Hall Of Fame aren’t only in the press box.

May 29, 2015
Everyone leaps. #consistentcy

But they don't. That's why I hate that argument. If they did, we wouldn't have the trenches dug into the pitching circle. It's just an excuse because you don't want to do it right or to teach your player to do it right.

I doubly hate that USA and USSSA just gave up and decided to allow it. May be part of the reason why I haven't called either one this year.

Feb 15, 2017
But they don't. That's why I hate that argument. If they did, we wouldn't have the trenches dug into the pitching circle. It's just an excuse because you don't want to do it right or to teach your player to do it right.

I doubly hate that USA and USSSA just gave up and decided to allow it. May be part of the reason why I haven't called either one this year.
The Tennesse pitcher was leaping as well; drag foot off the ground.

May 13, 2023
Now is the time. Call it the Jordy Rule!

(I don’t have any problem with her feet btw.)
Was just thinking how very glad I am that as a softball player whatever the pitcher was doing didn't matter. ( legal illegal didn't matter)
I paid attention to the release and what was happening at that point and rip the ball!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG