Gone to college, the house is quiet

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Dropped Natalie off at college yesterday. She is a student only for the first time ever. No sports, no band, just academics. We were emptying out boxes and putting away stuff when I noticed something familiar. I see you packed your glove? Yeah you never know, I might find someone to play catch with.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Dropped Natalie off at college yesterday. She is a student only for the first time ever. No sports, no band, just academics. We were emptying out boxes and putting away stuff when I noticed something familiar. I see you packed your glove? Yeah you never know, I might find someone to play catch with.

Just sayin', guys dig chicks that can throw and catch. Good luck to you both!

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
It is a lot different around the house for us. We've been 4 years into the process and I still walk by her room and look in. Both the wife and I get excited the odd weekend that she comes home. At least you have others to keep that noise in the background going. We only have one.

Oct 19, 2009
Many colleges have intermural sports, she may can get involved in. DD advised her school had softball intermural with several teams.

DD played ultimate frisbee during off season at her college her team were champs at the college and they went and played a round robin type tournament against other colleges which they won.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
It is a lot different around the house for us. We've been 4 years into the process and I still walk by her room and look in. Both the wife and I get excited the odd weekend that she comes home. At least you have others to keep that noise in the background going. We only have one.

Our son has been gone for a few years now. He is a student at the same university my DD is in, but in a week he leaves to study abroad for a semester. So they are hanging out for these few days, he is showing her around. Its just my DW and I at home.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Many colleges have intermural sports, she may can get involved in. DD advised her school had softball intermural with several teams.

DD played ultimate frisbee during off season at her college her team were champs at the college and they went and played a round robin type tournament against other colleges which they won.
She plans to get involved in intramural sports, she brought her glove and her basketball shoes. Yesterday she went to the climbing center on campus and did the various rock walls they have, then she hit the gym. She will be busy, its what she does.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
College club and intramural teams offer a great opportunity to get the competitive juices flowing while discovering and playing sports that aren't available in most high schools.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13