Giving signs from 3rd base

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
How can that even be possible?
How many 10U -14U TB games have you attended of late?. It usually takes a kid at least 10s to go through the wrist band and that is if they actually figure it out..The cards are not for speed...they are for stealth.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2019
How many 10U -14U TB games have you attended of late?. It usually takes a kid at least 10s to go through the wrist band and that is if they actually figure it out..The cards are not for speed...they are for stealth.
Part of the problem with the wrist band teams, and this may not be the wristbands fault, but instead human error, is that they give the numbers every pitch. Like dude it’s 12U and there is no one on and 2 outs. Stop shouting out numbers…everyone knows you are swinging away.

Jun 8, 2016
Like dude it’s 12U and there is no one on and 2 outs. Stop shouting out numbers…everyone knows you are swinging away.
but how can you show everybody you are the second coming of Connie Mack if you don't give a sign every pitch?

Oct 26, 2019
but how can you show everybody you are the second coming of Connie Mack if you don't give a sign every pitch?
I guess. You know what makes a bunt for a hit more successful. When the player recognizes the situation and does it on their own without the coach alerting everyone to it by shouting out “4-3-5”.

May 17, 2012

There is no chance that wristbands when done properly slow down the game. You may have teams that are using them incorrectly.

Blame the coach and not the wristbands.

Jun 8, 2016
There is no chance that wristbands when done properly slow down the game. You may have teams that are using them incorrectly.

Blame the coach and not the wristbands.
It all depends on how long it takes the kids to "decode" the numbers called out..

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
It all depends on how long it takes the kids to "decode" the numbers called out..
And the coaches looking down at their cheat sheet to figure out what number it is they want to call.

Just sayin
Sign language works in the moment. Its signals...
A few common signals
👌🤏🤟🤙🖖👍...
There is one a lot of people use that I left out LOL

Jun 8, 2016
And the coaches looking down at their cheat sheet to figure out what number it is they want to call.

Just sayin
Sign language works in the moment. Its signals...
A few common signals
👌🤏🤟🤙🖖👍...
There is one a lot of people use that I left out LOL
True. I still like watching MLB so the potential slowdown in FP due to wrist bands doesn't really bother me..lol.

May 17, 2012

Why are you decoding numbers? When I hear these stories it jus sounds like a coach that doesn't understand how to implement wristbands effectively.

Over half of the numbers called out offensively are most likely "nothing" and the hitter should know this immediately when they hear the number. The hitter should glance at the wristband for "show".

For pitchers we have to simulate a sign from the catcher as the wristbands are too efficient.

I suppose if you give each batter an Enigma machine that could slow the pace of play.

May 2, 2018
Central Virginia
There is no decoding. It takes maybe 3-5 seconds for me to call a number and my player to look and understand. If coaches don't like the number/wristband system then they don't have to use it. You'd think from these comments that it adds hours to a game. Nonsense, maybe 1-2 seconds longer than a sign. Not my fault TD's cram as many 60-70 minutes games into a day as they can.

If coaches calling out numbers is the thing that bothers you about TB, I am not sure what to tell you.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying