Ghost Unlimted feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
The last ADV wasnt bad overweight. But Easton in general is usually overweight as is MANY bats

Can confirm (and the DFP bat database supports this). DD had been swinging a 32/22 Ghost DB. Got into a 33/23 ADV by pure chance and DD says the swing weight "feels" almost identical. Both are 2022 models. It took her one practice and now she swings the ADV full time.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
It is a 1 piece...no matter what any manufacturer does, its going to have 1 piece characteristics. The main one being feedback.
You are never taking that out of a 1 piece bat.

I told people that from day one and reiterated before buying. If you think this bat was going to magically end 1 piece bat feedback, it wasnt :).

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
It is a 1 piece...no matter what any manufacturer does, its going to have 1 piece characteristics. The main one being feedback.
You are never taking that out of a 1 piece bat.

I told people that from day one and reiterated before buying. If you think this bat was going to magically end 1 piece bat feedback, it wasnt :).

But, marketing marketing marketing!!! It must be true! :LOL:

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
and what the heck is ump inspecting bats???? The standard now is they ask coaches "are all players and equipment legal?" It's on coaches to inspect or get the boot.
Umps inspect every bat, every game in DD's college conference. Even double headers.

A few years my team was playing a U-Trip event. The players were told not to use the blue ghost. Two games into the weekend, player uses Blue Ghost, gotta hit and boom got busted for using blue ghost. Declared out and they took the bat away for that game.

Jun 20, 2015
Umps inspect every bat, every game in DD's college conference. Even double headers.

A few years my team was playing a U-Trip event. The players were told not to use the blue ghost. Two games into the weekend, player uses Blue Ghost, gotta hit and boom got busted for using blue ghost. Declared out and they took the bat away for that game.
yes, college they inspect and compression test bats. no question.

but last several seasons on travel, they don't they ask us coaches.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
yes, college they inspect and compression test bats. no question.

but last several seasons on travel, they don't they ask us coaches.
I don't recall any bat inspections in TB other than at the beginning of high level tourneys. They slap the stamp on it and you are good to go. DD would have used an old ghost with a crack you could see into, if they let her. She said it was still hot and used it at practices.

Sep 28, 2020
NJ
Our 12u team had compression tests performed on their bats the at checkin for a USA nationals event last year. Every single ghost advanced failed including one that was still in the wrapper. There was about to be a lot of unhappy kids and parents. Then a call was made and they were all passed. Umps did inspect bats and helmets for the approval stickers every day.

My oldest DD got her Ghost Unlimited yesterday and will get her first swings with it tonight. I’m waiting for the comment on the stinging hands and am prepared to tell her to work on the miss hits.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Our 12u team had compression tests performed on their bats the at checkin for a USA nationals event last year. Every single ghost advanced failed including one that was still in the wrapper. There was about to be a lot of unhappy kids and parents. Then a call was made and they were all passed. Umps did inspect bats and helmets for the approval stickers every day.

My oldest DD got her Ghost Unlimited yesterday and will get her first swings with it tonight. I’m waiting for the comment on the stinging hands and am prepared to tell her to work on the miss hits.
Because they prob didnt preload the machine...another issue with testing. Is half the people testing dont know the preloads.

Feb 15, 2017
Spot on weight 33/24

de361183551ab556e917219d8a0f9758.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13