Ghost Unlimted feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 28, 2020
NJ
Because they prob didnt preload the machine...another issue with testing. Is half the people testing dont know the preloads.

Is there a calibration process and different standards used? I was curious and was trying to listen in to understand what was going on and it seemed to be related to a setting on the machine being set incorrectly that was causing them to “fail”.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Is there a calibration process and different standards used? I was curious and was trying to listen in to understand what was going on and it seemed to be related to a setting on the machine being set incorrectly that was causing them to “fail”.
I am assuming they calibrated the machine prior to using. But it still has a +/- 25 points anyway I think, so it could be off and be right if you
get what Im saying. You are supposed to calibrate each time you use it.

Most non linear bats have to be preloaded to 500 psi before you pull the crank. So, for Ghosts you set the dial to zero, then turn the dial to 500. Then you pull the lever up. Its amazing how many testers dont know this. Most bats anymore are non linear. If you dont preload, every non linear bat
will fail 100%

Sep 28, 2020
NJ
I am assuming they calibrated the machine prior to using. But it still has a +/- 25 points anyway I think, so it could be off and be right if you
get what Im saying. You are supposed to calibrate each time you use it.

Most non linear bats have to be preloaded to 500 psi before you pull the crank. So, for Ghosts you set the dial to zero, then turn the dial to 500. Then you pull the lever up. Its amazing how many testers dont know this. Most bats anymore are non linear. If you dont preload, every non linear bat
will fail 100%

Yep I recall them saying something along those lines. Thanks!

May 21, 2014
It is a 1 piece...no matter what any manufacturer does, its going to have 1 piece characteristics. The main one being feedback.
You are never taking that out of a 1 piece bat.

I told people that from day one and reiterated before buying. If you think this bat was going to magically end 1 piece bat feedback, it wasnt :).

That's why I'm going to wait for all the for used sale ads for these in a month or two when people realize their kid doesn't like the bat regardless of what it cost.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
You are def going to see some for sale threads...maybe not as much on here but check on fb pages. I am sure
"reps" have lied to people just trying to sell bats or plain not knowing anything themselves. You are def going
to have kids not liking 1 piece bats...like they have always not liked them...hahaha

But even on the new Easton/Rawlings booking order, the cost has come down on the Unlimited when
they release more in a month or two...so my prices will be a bit better than this first short release. So for
people waiting for more.

Otherwise, performance is 100% definitely there with the Unlimited and durability is probably a bit better as
any 1 piece bat will be compared to multi piece bats.

Sep 28, 2020
NJ
My DD got her first swings with it tonight and gave it a thumbs up. She hit about 5 buckets of balls but no live pitching. Thought the pop was a little more than her year old Advanced but she did go up an inch. She also felt that it was a little more end loaded but that was probably due to the length. No complaints of stinging but it was just off the tee. We’ll see after she has some time to break it in and adjust to the weight.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
My DD got her first swings with it tonight and gave it a thumbs up. She hit about 5 buckets of balls but no live pitching. Thought the pop was a little more than her year old Advanced but she did go up an inch. She also felt that it was a little more end loaded but that was probably due to the length. No complaints of stinging but it was just off the tee. We’ll see after she has some time to break it in and adjust to the weight.
Has to be, because the weights are pretty darn close to sticker...def not endloaded

Jun 6, 2018
Yeah my daughter tested out a 33/23 and she immediately said it felt light and she would take a drop 9 if she used it. said it felt like she was swinging a demarini again (she has swung a ghost the last 4 years). I will say it feels the lightest and most balanced of all the easton ghost products out right now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2