Game Changer Laughs

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 20, 2015
game changer is very good for pitch counts and hitting stats like how many pitches do they see after 2 strikes. some stuff is almost impossible to see with standard book.

Apr 1, 2017
Gamechanger doesn't have a lot of options. If a player is called out advancing from 3rd to home, you have 4 choices: Caught Stealing, Offensive Interference, Out on Appeal, & Other. For the advancing players, you have Stole Base, Defensive Indifference, Fielding Error & Other.

You have to take it for what it is. Understand who is doing the scoring and take it from there. I like it for Strike % and some other pitching stats.
A few times a season you get one of those WTF plays with the ball going all over the place and seems like 5 fielders end up touching the ball and eventually an out is made somewhere. My scoring in gamechanger would be "fielders choice, out at 3rd"....

May 6, 2015
DDs (a C) team, one of the Pitchers mom does GC, hardest thrower, but also wildest, big asset for team, but literally everying is a PB, maybe she does not know that WP is an option?

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
We made it through an entire year of 10U with zero “reached on errors”. Literally everything that didn’t result in an out was ruled a hit. Sad thing was - we still had a player bat 0.000.

We did "no errors" in 10U rec (paper score book, info only for coaches of our team). We almost had a .000 batter, too. Her dad (one of the ACs) cried when his DD got her very first hit in the final game of the year.

Jul 28, 2020
On a 16U team we had just the opposite issue, some father gave everyone but his daughter ROE whenever possible. So some girl might rip one down 3B line that glances off a diving 3B glove...ROE.

Jul 2, 2013
Two years ago DD's high school coach was keeping GC for herself when the team was on defense. She coached third when they were on offense so she decided to let "the girls" do GC while she was busy. I asked her if they basically recorded everything as a hit. Her response, "Yes, but our batting average still sucked."

Feb 17, 2014
"Player B caught stealing home, catcher, Player C steals 3rd, Player D steals 2nd " - Player B is one of mine. She was most certainly not "stealing home." This play was a wild pitch/passed ball and she was caught trying to advance. And, of course, C and D didn't actually steal the bases on the play. They just advanced on the out.

Player B was most definitely caught stealing. How else would you score it?

The other 2, I would have given an error, assigned to the P or C based on whether it was a passed ball or wild pitch.

Sep 19, 2018
We did "no errors" in 10U rec (paper score book, info only for coaches of our team). We almost had a .000 batter, too. Her dad (one of the ACs) cried when his DD got her very first hit in the final game of the year.
Same thing in 10U, paper book, no errors. It was rec, but I believe I still had 2 or 3 girls that hit .000

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Player B was most definitely caught stealing. How else would you score it?

The other 2, I would have given an error, assigned to the P or C based on whether it was a passed ball or wild pitch.

I explained how it should be scored. She was caught trying to advance. It's not a caught stealing if a runner is caught trying to advance on a wild pitch/passed ball. Let me make this clear: This is not my opinion. This is a fact taken from the rules. The very definition of caught stealing prohibits giving one in this case.

You don't give errors on wild pitches/passed balls. Again, that's not an option you have. The runners just advanced because a play was being made on another runner. This happens all the time, and it's not an error.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Gamechanger doesn't have a lot of options. If a player is called out advancing from 3rd to home, you have 4 choices: Caught Stealing, Offensive Interference, Out on Appeal, & Other. For the advancing players, you have Stole Base, Defensive Indifference, Fielding Error & Other.

You have to take it for what it is. Understand who is doing the scoring and take it from there. I like it for Strike % and some other pitching stats.

Why not choose "Other" for both since that's the correct option based on the choices given?

One could argue that neither example I gave changed my ability to follow the game so it's fine. I guess there's some truth to that. But I'm always going to be like this when it comes to official scorers who don't know what they're doing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA