Game Changer Laughs

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 3, 2019
Wondering if anyone has any funny stories about mis-management of statistics in GC??

Today I checked the box score of a 10U game for a local organization with notorious stat inflation and was amused to see a player recorded a two RBI bunt triple to the catcher—Boy I wish I was there to see how that was possible. The same player also “Doubled” on a “fly ball” to the pitcher earlier in the day.

i’m not sure if this is intentional inflation or just incompetence on the part of the mom or dad who is keeping the stats—-but funny nonetheless.

May 20, 2015
We had a player's dad on DD#2's team last year.....he did GC on his own......his book was WAY different then team book......he actually took hits from DD#2 (she lead team in multi-hit games) and gave the to his DD

needless to say she left the team in the fall, and is now on her 2nd team since then

Oct 10, 2018
Father of one of the pitchers did game changer. He would charge fielding errors everywhere when his DD was getting hit. DD gives up 6 runs in a game, none earned..... I questioned his judgement 2x when he put ridiculous errors on my DD. I hate to be drama, but was not standing for that so when the season wraps up when/if the coaches review it they see errors on DD that she did not make.

Aug 3, 2019
We made it through an entire year of 10U with zero “reached on errors”. Literally everything that didn’t result in an out was ruled a hit. Sad thing was - we still had a player bat 0.000.
So you literally had a player who did not reach base on a batted ball for an entire season? WOW

Apr 28, 2014
We had a parent a few years ago doing game changer. His DD was an error machine. I mean he even admitted that so it wasn't in doubt. I'd glance at GC wraps and saw that he gave her errors each game as she commited them.
I also kept track of DDs era. Since I wasn't an administrator I only saw DDs stats. Towards the end of the year I noticed DDs ERA started to creep up unexpectedly. I started looking back and this guy was editing his DDs stats. Turning her errors into hits. Lmao
She went from 23ish errors to 11. All edited.
That's insane.

Aug 3, 2019
We had a parent a few years ago doing game changer. His DD was an error machine. I mean he even admitted that so it wasn't in doubt. I'd glance at GC wraps and saw that he gave her errors each game as she commited them.
I also kept track of DDs era. Since I wasn't an administrator I only saw DDs stats. Towards the end of the year I noticed DDs ERA started to creep up unexpectedly. I started looking back and this guy was editing his DDs stats. Turning her errors into hits. Lmao
That's insane.
Nice—-this one is definitely one of the finalists!

Aug 1, 2019
MN
That's insane.

Well, you're supposed to be able to read the scorebook and re-create in your mind what happened in the game.
This guy must have misunderstood and re-created the game to read what happened in his mind. :rolleyes:

I kid. It just blows my mind how people can be so dishonest with themselves.

Aug 25, 2019
The father of the pitcher did the GC. One play when his DD was pitching, my DD, playing 2nd, dove as far as she could for a ball to her left, bounced off her glove, and was ruled an error. Another play DD was playing RF, a ball blasted over her head, she was in full sprint and the ball just hit the tip of her glove, another error. His reasoning was "if you could get a glove on the ball, you should make the play"

Jul 31, 2015
The father of the pitcher did the GC. One play when his DD was pitching, my DD, playing 2nd, dove as far as she could for a ball to her left, bounced off her glove, and was ruled an error. Another play DD was playing RF, a ball blasted over her head, she was in full sprint and the ball just hit the tip of her glove, another error. His reasoning was "if you could get a glove on the ball, you should make the play"

:rolleyes:

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
He would have hated my DW then. Back when she was scorekeeping for me on GC, anything that tipped off of the Pitcher's glove, she felt the Pitcher should have or just plain didn't try for, DW chalked it up to an error. I had to explain to her what an error actually constitutes when I caught it about 4 games into the season.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee