Free Hands

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I’m just trying to understand what you have thought up. Like most of descriptions on the swing it’s based on thinking and very little about just doing it. lol 🥎

what I have thought up?? LOL. Have you heard a pro say they want to be ‘on top’?? How about ‘inside’?? Ever heard them say they want to be ‘on and around’??? dude seriously?

again what is ‘on’?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
what I have thought up?? LOL. Have you heard a pro say they want to be ‘on top’?? How about ‘inside’?? Ever heard them say they want to be ‘on and around’??? dude seriously?

again what is ‘on’?

Your funny. I’ve listened to your thinking long enough to understand you base the swing and theoretical nonsense.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I don’t understand why your asking what on is. On and around is a point when the lowerbody is going one way and barrel (upper body) is going the other way.

Your getting behind a pulling back leg.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Not ideal, I don’t think anyone sets out to have that barrel position. Although there is nothing wrong with her swing as far as adjusting on a inside pitch.

Although she is sliding her hands forward and getting ahead of the lowerbody. Back leg isn’t pulling the hands/barrel through. Again, not a bad adjustment.

an adjustable HPP. She was thinking oppo and adjusted. she kept her radius short. Not ‘on and around‘. ‘inside and direct‘ is what the real world calls it.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
an adjustable HPP. She was thinking oppo and adjusted. she kept her radius short. Not ‘on and around‘. ‘inside and direct‘ is what the real world calls it.

She is just starting with the barrel pointing backwards a little. That effects how much she can send the barrel backwards. Her early bat speed is weakened. It’s still there but your seeing style and trying trying to make an absolute. How far her hands are back is also style, which affects on and around.

Yes, attack oppo.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Your funny. I’ve listened to your thinking long enough to understand you base the swing and theoretical nonsense.

Shawn you need to keep working and exploring. the best advice I can give you is teach someone. then you will see what you’re saying isn’t right. no pro leans back ’on’ their back leg and rolls theIr barrel ‘around’.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
She is just starting with the barrel pointing backwards a little. That effects how much she can send the barrel backwards. Her early bat speed is weakened. It’s still there but your seeing style and trying trying to make an absolute. How far her hands are back is also style, which affects on and around.

Yes, attack oppo.

nobody is trying to send the barrel backwards(around).No such thing as early batspeed it’s early acceleration and bat speed into the ball.

getting the hands back creates depth. It’s adjustable. As it should be. something that doesn’t compute to the HLP guys.

show me a good hitter that doesn’t get on top and then take their hands to it. I know you can’t. but please try.

Watch Jrs. Lead arm and stride adjust. It’s automatic bc the goal is present.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13