Free Hands

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Teaching and learning are two entirely different things. A chef could teach how to make a meal in 30 minutes but I’m sure it will take much longer to “learn it”

Don’t agree. Bad analogy. It won’t take someone a year to learn how to make a lasagna. It would take a few tries. hitting Is a bit more complicated. TM said he could teach someone in 30 min. Doesnt that mean they learned it? or is it that the slow learner thing again? put it on the learner. I get it. the system is perfect. no holes but the ones in the learners head bc it doesn’t work for them. poor Kingery.

Edit: hasn't kingery been at it for 4 years? I guess TM and Soriano were both wrong?

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
The point is teaching and learning are two different things. Richard will admit it took him years and years to learn this through trial and error. I don’t know in what context Soriano said what you said he said. I have no comment on that except that Juan seems like a great person and coach when I spoke with him a couple years ago.

Why poor Kingery? He like 24 million dollars richer. He’s still friends with Richard. The story you want to spin is not the story Richard told us last month and it’s not my place to speak about it. I can give you Richard’s number if you so concern for Scott.

My goal is to teach and share HLP to those that have an interest in it. If my post are not of any interest they will die off. I like reading other points of view and sharing ideas but to me I don’t have to be right by proving you guys wrong. I see it as two different ways of swinging a bat.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
The point is teaching and learning are two different things. Richard will admit it took him years and years to learn this through trial and error. I don’t know in what context Soriano said what you said he said. I have no comment on that except that Juan seems like a great person and coach when I spoke with him a couple years ago.

Why poor Kingery? He like 24 million dollars richer. He’s still friends with Richard. The story you want to spin is not the story Richard told us last month and it’s not my place to speak about it. I can give you Richard’s number if you so concern for Scott.

My goal is to teach and share HLP to those that have an interest in it. If my post are not of any interest they will die off. I like reading other points of view and sharing ideas but to me I don’t have to be right by proving you guys wrong. I see it as two different ways of swinging a bat.

Exactly !! It gets dicy when Shawn puts up clips of other greats and makes the claims of being a match with Rich's pattern..

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Miggy, is shifting to a leveraged position and then swinging (not shifting across the pelvis to the lead leg).

QC0FxaN.gif

During the shift miggy (free hands) is able to pull them in to make the adjustment.

qrNpIYv.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
no 2 hitters look the same.

THATS BECAUSE ... Hitting is not a system of mechanics. it’s truly not. It has a lot to do w approach. Timing. Discipline. confidence. athleticism. Balance. vision. pitch recognition. Anticipation. Quickness. Recall. And I’m sure a few others.

you can’t teach everyone to do the same thing. it’s a crock Mike. Teach rhythm and timing, balance, approach and how to be short to the ball. Those go a long way. It’s a balanced chain to react from. not much more.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali

so Kingery knew what he was doing and still failed miserably? Is that the story? Bc I’m saying that the HLP disclaimer is that it takes ‘YEARS’ to learn. Is it not true? Or is it? The guru says it’s easy. Others say it’s a process. We would all like to know which it is? A great athlete like Kingery knew it, and failed? or didn’t quite get it so he failed? I’m sure folks that are interested in the HLP pattern are eager to know how long it’s gonna take for their kid to be consistent in the box. Since you’ve been at it for 6 years, Think you can shed some light on the matter?

or is just plainly, if you hit well with it. You learned it. If you don’t hit well, you’re doing it wrong? Sounds like a great way to never take any responsibility for anything that goes wrong, right?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812