Florida v. Alabama--base runner pulling ball out of glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
The baseball video is blatant...the play at the plate less so. I'm not saying it wasn't deliberate, but it's harder to tell for sure, even at 1/4 speed. It seems like a really tough call for a plate umpire in real-time.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
You could tack on unsportsmanlike conduct as well.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
It looked like a pretty crappy move. She also seemed to kick her leg wide in what appeared to be an attempt to disrupt the catcher (not sure of the rule set covering that or if it's acceptable effort). Same Freshman Gator is the player I referenced previously making an obvious no catch (and hiding that fact) for what was ruled a catch on the field. I have nothing against the kid, she obviously has speed and talent. Wish I could have heard the discussion that took place between Walton and her in the dugout after that...

Feb 15, 2017
It looked like a pretty crappy move. She also seemed to kick her leg wide in what appeared to be an attempt to disrupt the catcher (not sure of the rule set covering that or if it's acceptable effort). Same Freshman Gator is the player I referenced previously making an obvious no catch (and hiding that fact) for what was ruled a catch on the field. I have nothing against the kid, she obviously has speed and talent. Wish I could have heard the discussion that took place between Walton and her in the dugout after that...
It is Walton and Florida, par for the course. He's the coach that gave a forearm shiver to one of the Fagan's who played for Auburn. Don't forget Wallace's Instagram comments about Bama after she left. She's fitting right in.

Oct 14, 2019
It is Walton and Florida, par for the course. He's the coach that gave a forearm shiver to one of the Fagan's who played for Auburn. Don't forget Wallace's Instagram comments about Bama after she left. She's fitting right in.

bit of an exaggeration, don’t you think? fagan dropped her hand from shoulder level to waist level in the handshake line so walton high fived her shoulder instead of her hand. immature on walton’s part but not a forearm shiver. Maybe you prefer the Myers coaching staff at Auburn?

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Not quite a forearm shiver but a little cheesy.

Oct 14, 2019
Not quite a forearm shiver but a little cheesy.
more than cheesy. bad move by Walton. apparently walton dismissed fagan’s 2 older sisters from florida’s program 5 years earlier. lot of bad blood.

Feb 15, 2017
bit of an exaggeration, don’t you think? fagan dropped her hand from shoulder level to waist level in the handshake line so walton high fived her shoulder instead of her hand. immature on walton’s part but not a forearm shiver. Maybe you prefer the Myers coaching staff at Auburn?
Where in my comment did I say I like Myers staff at Auburn?

And I've been to games at Bama, Auburn, Mississippi, Mississippi State, and Georgia and never heard the language used in front of kids that I heard at Florida. The things I heard grown men say about Bama softball players was disgusting.

Jul 31, 2015

And I've been to games at Bama, Auburn, Mississippi, Mississippi State, and Georgia and never heard the language used in front of kids that I heard at Florida. The things I heard grown men say about Bama softball players was disgusting.

Florida men

Oct 14, 2019

nice story. i’m sure we’ve all hear inappropriate comments at opposing stadiums.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06