Fastpitch hitters

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Hitters have to adjust all the time, and as pitching gets better, even more so. And if part of their adjustment is Bat Drag or Lunging, then that's an issue that needs to be addressed. It's no different than identifying these flaws in their regular on time swing, if a hitter uses bat drag and lunging to adjust(that's their adjustment mechanism) then they will be at a disadvantage. I'm really surprised with your view on this topic, I thought your approach was all about getting to a place of leverage(FYB), being balanced and ready to launch at any pitch speed without mechanics going down the toilet.

I mean this
View attachment 23797

or this
View attachment 23798

If you just compare the two. It’s easy to see one is farther along and thus uses what they have left to adjust.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
WW, this is getting forward yet back (fyb). Its a position hitters get to before whipping the barrel. Hitters who lunge are shifting there weight across the pelvis (lunging) to the lead leg during the pitch.

IyWGYIo.gif

YzNGYJJ.gif

Jun 8, 2016
View attachment 23811

Phone booth, let the ball come right into your arc. Your not jammed.
Piggybacking off of @efastball ’s modus operandi, I find it strange that so many of these FP players have the rear forearm no where close to horizontal at toe touch when you see that so often in MLB. Not saying it is wrong necessarily just think it is interesting and wondering if it is a function of different teaching, different physiology, etc…

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Piggybacking off of @efastball ’s modus operandi, I find it strange that so many of these FP players have the rear forearm no where close to horizontal at toe touch when you see that so often in MLB. Not saying it is wrong necessarily just think it is interesting and wondering if it is a function of different teaching, different physiology, etc…

maybe using different muscle groups?

edit: maybe more efficient?! Gasp! 😳

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
You read my mind. I was going to point out the back elbow/forearm position.👍

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Could be..I don’t actually know. Even Bustos didn’t have it close to horizontal I think…

Well documented scap loads have been coveted forever.. I think the action is in the front shoulder more IMO. Protraction against a forward moving torso which gives good stretch and release. Aka walking away from the hands. I think the top hand/back scap matters after the turn more so.

1631156104038.gif

Jun 8, 2016
Well documented scap loads have been coveted forever.. I think the action is in the front shoulder more IMO. Protraction against a forward moving torso which gives good stretch and release. Aka walking away from the hands. I think the top hand/back scap matters after the turn more so.

View attachment 23812
Sure but there has to be a reason why there are differences regardless of importance..

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
There has to be a reason the filter chooses differently in baseball and fastpitch..

I think if you couple force production w reaction time and the ‘goals’ intended w both you will come up w a reasonable explanation. I have my opinion. LOL. You knew that was coming. 😆

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55