Fastpitch hitters

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
Piggybacking off of @efastball ’s modus operandi, I find it strange that so many of these FP players have the rear forearm no where close to horizontal at toe touch when you see that so often in MLB. Not saying it is wrong necessarily just think it is interesting and wondering if it is a function of different teaching, different physiology, etc…
Maybe there is a difference in scalp usage between male and females 🤷

Jun 8, 2016
I think if you couple force production w reaction time and the ‘goals’ intended w both you will come up w a reasonable explanation. I have my opinion. LOL. You knew that was coming. 😆
At the highest levels reaction time differences are minimal..right? Intent could be a cause for sure.

Jun 8, 2016
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Wade Boggs hit about 8 dingers a year. He had great barrel control. He was quoted saying was working to create more topspin on the ball so his gappers would get past OFers and create more doubles. MLB needs more Wade Boggs type. IMHO.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Wade Boggs hit about 8 dingers a year.
Yeah that was my point..look at his rear forearm. He was happy with 40+ doubles a year with 3/4 of them off the Green Monster.

It may also be possible that most of these kids never had to recruit the upper optimally? @clemenslee1 alluded to this earlier in this thread. How much harder is it to hit a baseball 400 ft with a drop 2 wood bat then it is to hit a softball 220 ft with a drop 9 composite bat?

Sierra Romero hit a bunch of HR and isn’t very big

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Everything in Boggs swing is the same until the hands go the ball. He slaps and turns the hands into the ball. Just hitting the sweet spot and letting the barrel do the damage. Almost doing a stop swing, at times.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Everything in Boggs swing is the same until the hands go the ball. He slaps and turns the hands into the ball. Just hitting the sweet spot and letting the barrel do the damage. Almost doing a stop swing.
I was specifically talking about his rear forearm which is more aligned with what are seeing in a lot of these FP swings than what we see in typical MLB swings.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55