Fastpitch hitters

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
The difference between these 2 movements ... The young girl lacks balanced actions/reactions which causes her to shift to far forward and open up.. She made a nice adjustment (outside her zone) probably due to 2 strikes..

KoY006c.gif

Bonds beat the pitcher to his position and sat to cover his zone (no adjustment).

gCwrFsM.gif

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I agree hands need to be free. TDS, are you saying if a hitter attempts to lock hands to the rear shoulder that they are unable to abandon that position and adjust with their hands to get to a pitch they are fooled on?

Yea, if one is looking for static hand/arm positions is fine on a pitch within their happy zone ..

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Yea, if one is looking for static hand/arm positions is fine on a pitch within their zone ..
Everyone should look roughly the same through hip slot. After that you throw your forearms at the ball

If you need to adjust beyond that, you push your biceps away. You don't squat or bat drag to adjust

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
The difference between these 2 movements ... The young girl lacks balanced actions/reactions which causes her to shift to far forward and open up.. She made a nice adjustment (outside her zone) probably due to 2 strikes..

KoY006c.gif

Bonds beat the pitcher to his position and sat to cover his zone (no adjustment).

gCwrFsM.gif
Absolutely, I'm being picky here TDS, I wouldn't say she made a nice adjustment, I say it was more desperate and the only thing she could do at that point. But she managed to get barrel on ball and should be commended for that

May 12, 2016
well then why is it drag? I already posted what my thoughts were on those two swings.
Sorry if I missed it, can you please reference the post. I will answer, just don’t to play the game of answering a question with a question

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06