Fastpitch hitters

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
I wish you all the luck in the world teaching bat drag as part of an optimal swing.

I don't think he is deliberately teaching bat drag. I've asked previously how many players are going to be 100% mechanically flawless each and every at bat and swing and never have any drag? Thats not reality. There are too many varibles IMO to just draw some lines on a video and say "Horrible bat drag", that needs to be fixed. Not saying there shouldn't be attention to not doing it as often as possible. There is a difference IMO between what seems like a small amount of drag due to timing, being fooled, etc. vs those that is way out of line and are obvious flaws that need fixing..

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
No it is not..it is me not wanting to get involved anymore in what are (usually) pointless debates..I debate pointless sh*t at home all the time, no need
to do it here.Even though it is about the only entertainment I get all day, I will stop with the snark if it bothers you so much.

don’t mind it at all. Sometimes it’s entertaining. I think not getting involved is sitting on the fence last time I checked. Well at least how I view it. Not sure what vibe I’m giving for you to take this stance off the fence… 😆

Jun 8, 2016
don’t mind it at all. Sometimes it’s entertaining. I think not getting involved is sitting on the fence last time I checked. Well at least how I view it.
Being on the fence means not having an opinion on the topic being debated. Choosing not to debate isn't the same thing..As an example, when my wife tells me I should have done the laundry when she was gone instead of watching a baseball game on tv, I am certainly not on the fence about the topic at hand but just choose not to debate it because giving my opinion would do nobody any good..got it?

Not sure what vibe I’m giving for you to take this stance off the fence… 😆

I view this as an opportunity to change your view on what being on the fence means..eg a useful debate 🤣

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Being on the fence means not having an opinion on the topic being debated. Choosing not to debate isn't the same thing..As an example, when my wife tells me I should have done the laundry when she was gone instead of watching a baseball game on tv, I am certainly not on the fence about the topic at hand but just choose not to debate it because giving my opinion would do nobody any good..got it?

nope. We have different definitions. Of course context is needed. And I don’t care enough to give it

Jun 8, 2016
but YOUR facts are wrong ./ YOUR FACTS
Eh?? So you are saying I don't have an opinion hence I am actually on the fence. You sneaky bugga...you are trying to get me to debate aren't you..good try ;)

Speaking of fences...mine in my backyard is falling apart. I whacked it a little bit last time I cut the grass and part of the fence was on me...

Jun 8, 2016
Here is my opinion.

Move out balanced, practice a lot and make sure your parents have good genetics.

May 12, 2016
I don't think he is deliberately teaching bat drag. I've asked previously how many players are going to be 100% mechanically flawless each and every at bat and swing and never have any drag? Thats not reality. There are too many varibles IMO to just draw some lines on a video and say "Horrible bat drag", that needs to be fixed. Not saying there shouldn't be attention to not doing it as often as possible. There is a difference IMO between what seems like a small amount of drag due to timing, being fooled, etc. vs those that is way out of line and are obvious flaws that need fixing..
Agree with what you are saying here... not directed towards you, just want to point out that just because a hitter is making an adjustment does not disqualify bat drag if bat drag is evident in the swing. And, bat drag IMO is not the best way to adjust(stay back on a change up) and should be something that is worked on since hitters get fooled all the time.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
These are close to optimal fyb leveraged position before whipping the barrel.. The best hitters will have free hands to adjust for pitches outside (optimal) their zone.. Hitters who attempt to lock the hands to the back shoulder will have adjustment issues.

90oDnqT.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texas Red