Fastpitch hitters

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Try both sides, seems like I end up agreeing and disagreeing with everybody at some point. This could mean that I don't really care for agendas and just want to learn the truth, or I don't have damn clue what I'm talking about :rolleyes:
What sides are we talking about here? Bat drag=bad vs Bat drag= good? Pepsi vs Coke? French fries vs mashed potatoes? Markovian closure models vs Non-Markovian closure models (ok..not on the fence for this one..)?? You guys are just stringing me along...

May 12, 2016
What sides are we talking about here? Bat drag=bad vs Bat drag= good? Pepsi vs Coke? French fries vs mashed potatoes? You guys are just stringing me along...
Can we switch to the French fries vs mashed potatoes discussion?

Jun 8, 2016
The real question that @efastball raised with his comment regarding fastpitch hitters in general having worse mechanics than MLBers, assuming this to be true, is why is this? Overall instruction (too much or bad)? Physical differences? More discriminating filter in MLB than fastpitch softball? Differences in mentality in formative years? Something else?

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
The real question that @efastball raised with his comment regarding fastpitch hitters in general have worse mechanics than MLBers, assuming this to be true, is why is this? Instruction (too much or bad)? Physical differences? More discriminating filter in MLB than fastpitch softball?
Like to add the equipment and field dimension differences. IMO MLB hitters for the most part need to get it all in order to clear the fence, while I see a lot of contact which have no business being a HR in Fastpitch. It could be a factor in how hard somebody trains to perfect their swing.

Jun 8, 2016
Like to add the equipment and field dimension differences. IMO MLB hitters for the most part need to get it all in order to clear the fence, while I see a lot of contact which have no business being a HR in Fastpitch. It could be a factor in how hard somebody trains to perfect their swing.
Sure..but would that be something that would effect them in their formative years?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA