F23 Mizuno PWR CRBN

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2017
My DD has been using one for the past few weeks and here is the feedback she provided:

Not balanced compared to other bats she has tried. In fact, it feels end-loaded compared to the Suncoast Backlash and CF. The bat is very close to the sticker weight (30/20).

Barrel is smaller/shorter than the same bats mentioned above. Also, the paint job also makes the barrel look even smaller and did not instill much confidence. Smaller sweet spot. I personally don’t mind this too much (I don’t expect hits on mishits).

Not so hot out of the wrapper. We have 300+ hits and it still feels like new. We are hoping it’ll open up soon.

Sounds nice and likes the changing colors.

This is our first time using a brand new Mizuno so we don’t have much experience on the break-in time.

I’d like to hear about your experience with these bats. Thank you.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Ok, The suncoast is super light and underweight and the CF is actually usually a tad underweight as well...the Mizuno is nowhere near endloaded.
You can tell since the bat is right on sticker. If you pick up most other bats, you will def know what heavy really is.

Cant do much if she looks at the bat and loses confidence because the paintjob makes the barrel look smaller. The fight is lost right there.
Every mishit she will blame on the bat at that point and its in her head. Hitting is very mental. It is a 30 inch bat.

Did you look at the backlash...the rubber coating portion is pretty much the same as the paintjob portion on the PC. Is the backlash
ss smaller because the rubber coating doesnt go all the way up the bat? The SS on the bat is never the whole barrel anyway.
The CF has the biggest barrel of any tiny bat...always has been. If you pick up any other manufacturers 30/20, you will see
the CF is bigger.

The bat does require some break in...but if you arent squaring up a lot of the balls, its not going to require more time.
You could hit some balls off the tee if you want to help. Im not saying to put full Vlad Guerrero wind up swings on it...hahahaha, but
a few cuts from you at lower strength wont hurt it. Just to get some flex in the barrel on squared up balls could help you.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Texted a Dad yesterday just to see how him, his DD, and the family are doing? She played for me on that 2018 State team as a puppy! She's a committed senior now, hit's BOMBS!!!

This girl is a diehard Ghost fan....DIEHARD, am I making myself clear....yeah, she likes the Ghost!

He called me last night, this past Summer the National team she plays for is sponsored my Mizuno, she's using a one-piece (-8) Mizuno and her Dad said some of the Dingers she's been hitting are jaw dropping ridiculous! He said it takes the right girl to swing this bat, obviously she's the right girl...

@CoreSoftball20, you proud of me, I made a positive post in a bat thread??

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
He called me last night, this past Summer the National team she plays for is sponsored my Mizuno, she's using a one-piece (-8) Mizuno and her Dad said some of the Dingers she's been hitting are jaw dropping ridiculous! He said it takes the right girl to swing this bat, obviously she's the right girl...
Lots of college girls use the 1 piece...completely diff bat. One piece bats in general are very player specific.

I just sold a 33/25 Carbon1 to someone for their kid to use for BP, he said exit speeds are higher. BUT...its one piece and you will feel it and
ss is smaller. One piece bats are usually for stronger swing speeds.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Texted a Dad yesterday just to see how him, his DD, and the family are doing? She played for me on that 2018 State team as a puppy! She's a committed senior now, hit's BOMBS!!!

This girl is a diehard Ghost fan....DIEHARD, am I making myself clear....yeah, she likes the Ghost!

@CoreSoftball20, you proud of me, I made a positive post in a bat thread??
I can never usually tell anymore because of your avatar :D...never know its you anymore

But I am proud of you for contributing. I was gonna go into a glove thread and tell the guy a velcro closure would help, but decided against it :D

Oct 19, 2017
Ok, The suncoast is super light and underweight and the CF is actually usually a tad underweight as well...the Mizuno is nowhere near endloaded.
You can tell since the bat is right on sticker. If you pick up most other bats, you will def know what heavy really is.

Cant do much if she looks at the bat and loses confidence because the paintjob makes the barrel look smaller. The fight is lost right there.
Every mishit she will blame on the bat at that point and its in her head. Hitting is very mental. It is a 30 inch bat.

Did you look at the backlash...the rubber coating portion is pretty much the same as the paintjob portion on the PC. Is the backlash
ss smaller because the rubber coating doesnt go all the way up the bat? The SS on the bat is never the whole barrel anyway.
The CF has the biggest barrel of any tiny bat...always has been. If you pick up any other manufacturers 30/20, you will see
the CF is bigger.

The bat does require some break in...but if you arent squaring up a lot of the balls, its not going to require more time.
You could hit some balls off the tee if you want to help. Im not saying to put full Vlad Guerrero wind up swings on it...hahahaha, but
a few cuts from you at lower strength wont hurt it. Just to get some flex in the barrel on squared up balls could help you.

Thank you for the response. I am simply describing what it feels to her (an 11 YO). Is the bat really end loaded? No, but it has a different feel to the other balanced bats she used.

As I mentioned, barrel size/appearance is not something I am worried about. She does and will need to continue squaring up on the ball to get a good hit - nothing else.

And yes, the barrel on the Suncoast appears bigger/longer but I’ll get a better side by side look tonight. Maybe is the paint scheme.

Me personally, I was curious on the performance/break in time. Obviously we purchased the bat because we believe it’s a good performer so I’ll help her get a few swings in to help speed up the process.

Btw, I personally tried a well used F21 PWR CRBN and found it to be a good performer. I was working with my DD on some rear one handed drills and hit the ball to the 200 foot fence very easily (I am not a big guy). That’s what sold me.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2014
USA
Said it before, my DD's really like the Mizuno Power Carbon. They've been swinging the older model since HS and are now starting their 3rd season of college ball and we just picked up a new PC over the winter break (thanks Core), they love the bat and the way it feels and performs for them. Didn't get a chance to compare exit speed with the F23 but when we did vs a couple Ghosts, and older Mako and a Demarini the PC came out on top, over and over. I would absolutely love to have them try the Mizuno Carbon1.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Thank you for the response. I am simply describing what it feels to her (an 11 YO). Is the bat really end loaded? No, but it has a different feel to the other balanced bats she used.

As I mentioned, barrel size/appearance is not something I am worried about. She does and will need to continue squaring up on the ball to get a good hit - nothing else.

And yes, the barrel on the Suncoast appears bigger/longer but I’ll get a better side by side look tonight. Maybe is the paint scheme.

Me personally, I was curious on the performance/break in time. Obviously we purchased the bat because we believe it’s a good performer so I’ll help her get a few swings in to help speed up the process.

Btw, I personally tried a well used F21 PWR CRBN and found it to be a good performer. I was working with my DD on some rear one handed drills and hit the ball to the 200 foot fence very easily (I am not a big guy). That’s what sold me.
That why Im trying to talk to you as a parent and not what the child "felt", because a very young kid sometimes you get descriptions that
dont really fit to what the product is. You can have a young kid say its endloaded but its really not. Thats why I said if you pick up any other
brand besides the 2 lightest bats made, you will find out for yourself what the bat really is. Mizuno is def not endloaded, maybe compared
to bats that are under weight, maybe. But if you pick up a 30/20 Ghost, Xeno, LXT...it will not feel endloaded. Taking descriptions from a 10yo
may lead you down the wrong direction. All diff kids can have all diff descriptions of a bat's feel.

The 2021 shouldnt be much diff performing than a 2023. You def need to break them in a bit. Hence why i said to maybe take a bunch
of "light" cuts yourself to help break it in a bit.

But fact remains, if she is looking at the paintjob and already lost confidence, its going to be hard to get back. A 30 inch bat doesnt have
a super huge ss anyway. Even a CF, the barrel may be huge, but the ss is still limited. Its not like a CF ss will be 6 inches and another bat
will be 2 inches. Its just that the barrel is huge. Unless we are confusing barrel size with ss size. Barrel doesnt really mean anything,
ss is what matters. If you look at the "tacky" part of the suncoast, you prob wont find much difference with the PC. Even the whole "tacky"
part of the Suncoast isnt the ss.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Said it before, my DD's really like the Mizuno Power Carbon. They've been swinging the older model since HS and are now starting their 3rd season of college ball and we just picked up a new PC over the winter break (thanks Core), they love the bat and the way it feels and performs for them. Didn't get a chance to compare exit speed with the F23 but when we did vs a couple Ghosts, and older Mako and a Demarini the PC came out on top, over and over. I would absolutely love to have them try the Mizuno Carbon1.
If i ever get my regular size demos in...haha

Oct 19, 2017
I had a chance to chat with Core about the bat. There were some misconceptions on my end, correlating the barrel size to the sweet spot. The barrel on the Mizuno is smaller/shorter than the CF but that doesn’t mean the sweet spot is that much larger.

By the way, here are the bats. Are all 30/20 except the CF which is 30/19.

Attachments

• 8E4D9A58-A23B-42CE-8169-7B4F5D68E8E8.jpeg
    8E4D9A58-A23B-42CE-8169-7B4F5D68E8E8.jpeg
    403.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 3EC39077-F1E8-4E0B-BD36-EBF40B62C69F.jpeg
    3EC39077-F1E8-4E0B-BD36-EBF40B62C69F.jpeg
    300.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 1F963D20-6A4E-4ADC-BE2C-9013D739E9AA.jpeg
    1F963D20-6A4E-4ADC-BE2C-9013D739E9AA.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Latest posts