F23 Mizuno PWR CRBN

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2015
picked up a new power carbon from Core - 33/23, to use as a team bat

it came yesterday, so naturally all the girls that swing 33 (and a few 32s) used it at practice....coach pitch

asst coach "it feels endloaded?"

my DD2 - nope, it feels very balanced......swings very 'even' was her word - she liked it, thought it lacked the overall pop of her Mantra+ or her GA (it is also brand new, she was the 1st to swing it), but she squared up most of the balls she hit....felt you def knew when you missed the sweet spot, but also felt it swung well, and she was able to get barrel to ball.....honestly it's going to be cold today for her scrimmage.....it is clearly lighter swinging than her Mantra+ (which by the database shold be 1.5-2oz over sticker), and about the same as her GA (2022, so closer to sticker than in the past)

another girl who swings a GA swung it......this kid is a senior, has played plenty of travel, has a......quirky......swing, but gets it done.......she absolutely went beast mode with it, squared up every pitch she swung at, drove solid gap shots (for her this is good)......best she's swung all year, she's excited to use it in scrimmages today

every other girl that swung it liked it.....they liked the color, they liked the look, and all seemed to hit it pretty clean.......DD will do some more side by sides once it opens up a little more, but to a girl it seems like they were able to swing it well, but good part of the bat to the ball, and hit well........is some of it because it was 'new team beat, it's pretty, i like it already?"...sure.......but the eye test says the bat was balanced well and they were able to get bat to ball consistently well

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Good write up Tim. I just shared with Core that our new PC was just involved in it's first college Homer last weekend and it was "no-doubter (so I guess it's opened up). Both DD's have been using it (and the older Power Carbon in practice) and have liked the way it swings and the Mizuno's pop from day one.

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
My DD is a contact hitter that has been using the Power Carbon since 14U (now 18U). She initially thought the F23 felt “end loaded” compared to the F22 and other PCs she’d swung. Also wasn’t as hot out of the wrapper. Anyway, she’s been using it now consistently since January/February and is mid-way through her HS regular season and really likes it now. She has hit very well with it (mostly line drive singles, which is her thing). Best bat out there for the money, I think. Always been very durable as well.

May 20, 2015
DD2 swing her Mantra+ today....4-5 with two doubles and a HR that likely carried 225-230.....so no more to offer today lol.....she did almost kill their 3b in her last AB......hit a laser right at 3b....glove never moved.....you know how the strap at the top of a rip it curls up above their forehead? 3 coaches watched the ball hit that curl, and then carried halfway to the fence....ball would have rolled out to 300' of the fence didn't stop it....happened so quick it barely phased the 3b, but freaked us all out

More reports thus week, gonna be some nice warm temps

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
My DD is a contact hitter that has been using the Power Carbon since 14U (now 18U). She initially thought the F23 felt “end loaded” compared to the F22 and other PCs she’d swung. Also wasn’t as hot out of the wrapper. Anyway, she’s been using it now consistently since January/February and is mid-way through her HS regular season and really likes it now. She has hit very well with it (mostly line drive singles, which is her thing). Best bat out there for the money, I think. Always been very durable as well.
Assuming you meant 2021, as there was no 2022s. But I have told people, you def need to put some swings
on the 2023s to open them up...which shouldnt be problem since nobody likes to have a BP bat :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad