Extension

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
You know how I wish there was more on this swing. The clip is where they started and then switched to the ball flying into the upper deck.

Oh how I cringed at practice Tuesday, when one of our coaches started to say you push through the ball. She is otherwise great for the girls. She was.our HS coach and former player. There was issues, not her fault. Preaching the word is hard sometimes, she wants a push. Edgar is freaking letting it out, unfurling. Going to discuss it with her, just tell her there’s a different way. Show her some videos of college players.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
WW

I have no problem with throwing the barrel. It’s a chest swing, not using the chest.

I was recording Judge while he was red hot last year. The same pitcher view was showing the same swing and location on many of the HR’s. middle out, thigh. HLP take your A swing every time and let the ball run into the arc.

I have the newest Blast sensor, which can now be used for air swings. I’m going to use it while watching in my sliding using it as a mirror. Use a tee without a ball. The metrics are fine, but what I really want to see is the 3D swing path.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
WW

I have no problem with throwing the barrel. It’s a chest swing, not using the chest.

I was recording Judge while he was red hot last year. The same pitcher view was showing the same swing and location on many of the HR’s. middle out, thigh. HLP take your A swing every time and let the ball run into the arc.

I have the newest Blast sensor, which can now be used for air swings. I’m going to use it while watching in my sliding using it as a mirror. Use a tee without a ball. The metrics are fine, but what I really want to see is the 3D swing path.

1682684596201.gif

Do you see the back arm extend before the wrist goes? That’s a throw.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Ever wonder how Giancarlo Stanton does it?

Since 2015 he has hit 125 balls at 116+ mph.
2nd - Aaron Judge hit 39
3rd - Vladimir Guerrero Jr hit 19
4th - Nelson Cruz hit 15
5th - Carlos Gonzalez hit 12
6th - Shohei Ohtani hit 10

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Ever wonder how Giancarlo Stanton does it?

Since 2015 he has hit 125 balls at 116+ mph.
2nd - Aaron Judge hit 39
3rd - Vladimir Guerrero Jr hit 19
4th - Nelson Cruz hit 15
5th - Carlos Gonzalez hit 12
6th - Shohei Ohtani hit 10
Extreme bat lag and bat speed. But his swing sucks. 😂 it's definitely not what some would consider high level.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
WW

AJ, before adjustments were made (long/slow)

46WEbKQ.gif

AJ showing the free hands adjustments that he made to have a chance at the inside pitches.

RJ5zhlq.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13