Extension

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
1681878766469.gif

He’s extending before he’s rotating. Pretty obvious here. The extension isn’t coming from the legs bc the hips are flexed when he tilts. Big front hip also. Just sayin.

Edit: that’s a violent tight swing!

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
He’s extending before he’s rotating. Pretty obvious here. The extension isn’t coming from the legs bc the hips are flexed when he tilts. Big front hip also. Just sayin.

He coils the rear leg spring, bow. Then corners, reversing the spiral load, transfer.

Looks like tilt, the spine is a flexible rod. Tilt toward plate.

Everything has to do with the rear leg. He gets one legged, rear column. He loads and hangs, stretch.. The leg is everything. The back leg is the handle of the sling shot. The back leg is the engine. The spirals run from our back foot upwards and out.

So when you say it doesn’t matter, I’m like it transfers the pressure wave into the other leg.

I don’t think you understand the back legs purpose. If you did you would never make such a statement about the back leg. The torso is important. The torso needs to be back chain dominant. The torso is very important. Nothing works without the other.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
He coils the rear leg spring, bow. Then corners, reversing the spiral load, transfer.

Looks like tilt, the spine is a flexible rod. Tilt toward plate.

Everything has to do with the rear leg. He gets one legged, rear column. He loads and hangs, stretch.. The leg is everything. The back leg is the handle of the sling shot. The back leg is the engine. The spirals run from our back foot upwards and out.

So when you say it doesn’t matter, I’m like it transfers the pressure wave into the other leg.

I don’t think you understand the back legs purpose. If you did you would never make such a statement about the back leg. The torso is important. The torso needs to be back chain dominant. The torso is very important. Nothing works without the other.

The back leg is an anchor. Nothing more.

Reactions: TDS
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
View attachment 27811

ConnectionGif.gif

The above 3D illustration provides a good visual of what is happening in terms of the bat and body changes during the swing. What is very noticeable is the increased lateral torso flexion after the launch phase of the swing. So while the forward bend ‘converts’ to side bend, there is additional shoulder tilt between EC and contact that increases rapidly.

Ummm,

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd