Extending safety of players discussion

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 24, 2022
We were down in VA last year for Nationals and that's the longest stretch of time (4/5 days) in a row that we've had to play in extreme heat (around 100 with high humidity). Luckily, it was only 2 games a day max, and they had covered dugouts. But yeah, it was oppressive. It was close to the limit in my opinion, and I wouldn't have complained if they postponed games or shifted the schedule.

On the other end of the spectrum, we played a Halloween tournament a few years ago and had an 8am game. It was 27 degrees warm-ups.

Dec 19, 2021
Well, the heat index is only 112 here today. Actual temp, yeah still 112. Humidity has increased in the last week to about 25% at this time of day.

The softball peeps are usually smart enough to leave the state or seek higher elevation this time of year. May tourneys its usually low to mid 90s. September is often still low 100s. Will take it any day compared to the high-humidity stuff.

In 2021, part of Zoom into June was held here since CA wouldnt let in out of staters. 112 all weekend. It seems the teams did OK, but I thought we were going to lose an Ump. Dont forget the men and women in blue especially the plate umps. Give them more time between innings and an ice bucket towel!

The finishing Sunday at Sprarkler this year I was sitting in the shade. It was 75 and a nice breeze. I was thinking about how the next time it would feel like this at home would be November...

May 18, 2019
My two kids will be playing in 102 and 107 tomorrow all games in the heat of the day. We take precautions but primarily let them/their bodies decide if enough is enough. We have good responsible coaches that encourage hydration and watch them as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles