Enjoy the ride as move in days are happening

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2013
Anyone else having to deal with getting the Sickle Cell Trait test for NCAA? PITA. Told DD to text the trainer and figure it out.

Yeah, luckily in my state I can just fax a form to the State DOH and they will then fax the newborn screening test to the school.

Jun 11, 2012
I’m not sure what state you’re from but in MA it’s one of the 17 things they test for at birth so we were able to fax a form to the New England Newborn Screening and they securely emailed the results back.

It was not required in 2001, but now it is. And you don't know what state I'm in? LOL.

View attachment 26254
Change that to “I didn’t look to see where you were from”. 😂😂

Oct 4, 2018
4th timer here. We go up next Friday for our last move in. Thinking back to my college days. Mom helped move me in once and I did it myself for the next 5 years by myself! Yes, I had 6 glorious years at college.

Anyone else having to deal with getting the Sickle Cell Trait test for NCAA? PITA. Told DD to text the trainer and figure it out.

DD is the last remaining player from her freshman class. She is now the "meemaw" on the team. She actually conducted 2 Asst Coach phone interviews last week by herself on the 2nd one. Thinking back 4 years ago, I would have never imagined the things she's doing now. She has changed in many ways: Physically(gained 30 lbs), maturity, softball skills, academically...just everything. She is much more enjoyable to have at home too.

Every week becomes easier to deal with her being at school. We schedule a weekly Facetime call at 5pm on Sundays. Also, have a plan on how you give her money. I suggest giving it to her weekly on Sundays. If there is no money on Friday night, she's gotta wait until Sunday before the Auto transfer happens. First semester she had all of her money and went through it by the end of October. We learned the hard way. She has done a very good job of managing her money since then.

Just remember she needs to handle and work through issues on her own. It will be difficult not to jump in. I am on a Non athlete parents facebook page and you would not believe the postings and comments. I responded several times with: Your kid is an adult and will need to figure it out. These people are trying to manage their kid's problems, which are easily navigable issues that any kid should be able to handle. I think our softball girls are equipped to deal with adults, solve problems, and use their resources. I wonder what the heck these parents have been doing the first 18 years of those kid's lives?

Your daughter plays college ball? :p

Remind me what position(s) she plays.

Jun 8, 2016
Also, have a plan on how you give her money. I suggest giving it to her weekly on Sundays. If there is no money on Friday night, she's gotta wait until Sunday before the Auto transfer happens. First semester she had all of her money and went through it by the end of October. We learned the hard way. She has done a very good job of managing her money since then.
We have to give them money too? Damn..Isn't tuition and room and board enough?? Ungrateful rug rats.. :ROFLMAO:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles