Enjoy the ride as move in days are happening

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2021
The last few weeks I've reflected and the hands of time is undefeated. My wife and I dropped off our daughter at school and did that drive away from campus knowing our home was going to be a little more silent. The past decade we've been on the road watching her play coast to coast believing college would be a long ways off. Right now, I reflect on that little girl and how far she has come to get to where she is today, knowing today she won't wake up at home and I'll see her car not parked in the garage. As parents slow down, enjoy the ride. Don't push for this day to happen more than enjoying the time you have. I've soaked up this summer and the last few weeks being her throwing partner and just talking. I told her before we left that her mom and I did our best and we are proud of her. As I drove away about 10 mins down the road is when it hit me that this was her new beginning and next step in life. I'm excited for her but selfishly know our home won't be the same without her there. The game has been good to her because she gave back to the game.

Last edited:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
You drove away but this new journey will have all types of influences on your life. You will get those phone calls and your stress level will go up or down depending upon how your dd is doing on the field and in the classroom. There will be those times that you can't get there fast enough. There will be those times when you sit back and really admire your dd for the decisions that she makes. This coaster ride is just starting.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I have 13 more days before move-in day and one of my two best friends goes away to college. Thankfully, she's close enough to be home every weekend, but the thought of losing my buffer is not a fun one.

I might actually have to go back to playing golf.

Jun 8, 2016
Move in day=all kinds of traffic on campus.. :ROFLMAO: (but not nearly as bad as football gameday.. 🤮 )

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
After my dd's freshman year, we got together with some other parents and decided to rent one of the apartments for the summer to store all of our dd's stuff in. This would save us the struggle of removing the stuff from school and returning it. We ended up with 5 parents who agreed to join us and we moved all of the stuff to one location on campus. That was one of the best decisions that we made. To top it off, the school gave us a discount on the apartment each year.

Jun 11, 2012
DD moved from dorm to apartment after freshman year so she doesn’t come home often. She’s close so we see her multiple times a month anyway but apparently living in Boston is much more fun than living in a small town 35 minutes south.
She graduated in May but is in grad school now and taking advantage of the Covid year and playing this coming season.
It was definitely strange without her at first but we text every day and FaceTime a few times a week.
Her younger brother will likely live at home until he’s 35 😂😂

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles