Educated hands

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Yes. The powers that be are trying to figure this out now.They figured out the rest of the system via k vests and force plates and still can’t quite replicate
You cannot figure that out by measuring external response. You would need to look at what part of the brain activates when thinking about moving the hands vs moving other parts of the body and then match that with what goes on in the brain of an elite hitter...Just like in the Engineering example where you would need to know the underlying control algorithm to figure out what was going on..

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
You cannot figure that out by measuring external response. You would need to look at what part of the brain activates when thinking about moving the hands vs moving other parts of the body and then match that with what goes on in the brain of an elite hitter...Just like in the Engineering example where you would need to know the underlying control algorithm to figure out what was going on..

I’ve always trusted what an elite hitter says he does.

1692729808325.gif

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I never understood the hands can’t move themselves. I move them all the time everyday all day. I do get that the hands can’t think for themselves. Pls enlighten me.

I’ll ask this. If the swing is a ‘slingshot’.. what is slinging and whats it shooting? If you have another analogy please describe.

For me the hands which control the arms (draggy otherwise) are the shooter and the bat is what is being shot. The arms would be the slings. The body is the handle. This aligns w tip and rip correct? Hands control the bat during tip n rip right?
The torso is slinging and it's shooting the barrel thru the ball.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Now you did it! That's why I could never hit elite pitching. I needed a brain.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves