Does anybody know what this is?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
It reminds me of the ridiculous seminars that many businesses have their employees go through. Made up by academia, the routines have no use in the job at hand which is learning softball skills and winning games. What a waste of time!

Aug 14, 2011
Had a game tonight. There they were, slapping their gloves in cadence. We don't get it. Coach tells DD that it's so the team can be in rhythm. It's odd because once the catcher slaps and then infielders slap, then the pitcher has to pitch. It seems to me like the pitcher needs to pitch when she feels ready, not according to when the "cadence" has begun.

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
Had a game tonight. There they were, slapping their gloves in cadence. We don't get it. Coach tells DD that it's so the team can be in rhythm. It's odd because once the catcher slaps and then infielders slap, then the pitcher has to pitch. It seems to me like the pitcher needs to pitch when she feels ready, not according to when the "cadence" has begun.

They do it after every pitch???...Ugh!

Aug 14, 2011
After watching this in school ball all season, I'm watching UAB in the Supers, and they do something like that too!

Oct 19, 2009
I did see a D1 team play in Chattanooga years ago as the pitcher delivered the ball the team took a step forward, popped their glove with their fist as they got into a fielding position. They had it timed so they popped their gloves and got into fielding position about the time the ball reached the plate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl