Do one piece bats break?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 7, 2020
So there is a ton of incidents of ghost, meta mantra etc etc etc breaking but I haven't heard of one piece bats breaking. I understand connection points failing which obviously wouldn't happen but are they breaking some other way?

If not are the performance differences worth the extra money and aggravation of warranty replacements?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Barrel can crack just like any other bat. Also, even though no connection joint...i have seen them snap above the handle once
in a blue moon (not very often, but does happen). I do remember when Worth brought out the Jeff Hall model of Mayhems.
The first release the bats were snapping above the handle because too much weight was in the barrel and the flex sometimes couldnt
take it and snapped. So, just because a bat doesnt have a connection joint, doesnt mean it doesnt flex.

All in all, you dont see many break because you dont see many one piece bats being used...BUT breakage is less.

Kids dont like one piece bats because you feel more feedback, and heaven forbid kids feel when they dont hit the barrel...hahaha.
Also, the flex of a 2 piece bat adds to the performance...the bat does a little of the work itself. You dont get that with one piece.
And yes, since the money isnt in one piece bats, manufacturers dont put much money into one piece bats. Only one piece bat worth
anything to me, is the Carbon1. Most other manufacturers one piece bats are their low end bats

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2020
Barrel can crack just like any other bat. Also, even though no connection joint...i have seen them snap above the handle once
in a blue moon (not very often, but does happen). I do remember when Worth brought out the Jeff Hall model of Mayhems.
The first release the bats were snapping above the handle because too much weight was in the barrel and the flex sometimes couldnt
take it and snapped. So, just because a bat doesnt have a connection joint, doesnt mean it doesnt flex.

All in all, you dont see many break because you dont see many one piece bats being used...BUT breakage is less.

Kids dont like one piece bats because you feel more feedback, and heaven forbid kids feel when they dont hit the barrel...hahaha.
Also, the flex of a 2 piece bat adds to the performance...the bat does a little of the work itself. You dont get that with one piece.
And yes, since the money isnt in one piece bats, manufacturers dont put much money into one piece bats. Only one piece bat worth
anything to me, is the Carbon1.
I picked up a used carbon1 this summer and DD likes it a lot. She said she definitely knows when she mis-hits one but to her it's it's a lot less punishing then her ghost she used the summer before. She is splitting time between a xeno and the carbon and I really haven't noticed any performance differences. Need to check ext velo just for curiosity sake.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
When I was a kid, a kid on the other team had his aluminum bat break in half during the game. Haven't seen anything like it before or since.

The hilarious part is that his family owned the local sporting goods store, so we all know where the bat came from.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck