Disruptive Parent Poll

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Can a disruptive parent affect child's opportunities

• No does not affect at all

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Yes can be a problem

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • No it should not

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes it should and does

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • No coaches shouldnt let parent affect their decision

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Yes coaches should evaluate parent on decision making

Votes: 12 22.2%

• Total voters
May 16, 2016
Illinois
I have cut two players from a team solely because of the parents. One was a very good pitcher at the time and our teams best hitter, both of this girls parents were absolutely insane.

The other was a middle of the pack player only her father was bad. This father actually called a tournament director and had our pool schedule changed for the tournament because he did not like the times we were playing at. I had no idea this father had called the tournament director until i showed up at the tournament for the check in.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I had someone mention today that the times are changing and some parents who seem to be "good" at games tear teams apart by their social media presence. I don't do much social media unless it is a message board.

Aug 8, 2023
MN
I had someone mention today that the times are changing and some parents who seem to be "good" at games tear teams apart by their social media presence. I don't do much social media unless it is a message board.
That's awful. Passive aggressive BS. Either say it in person to the coach or club director, or shut up.

Apr 26, 2019
It's amazing how the longer you are around the game, the more you recognize all these parents. Not the exact ones, of course, well maybe the exact ones but definitely the types.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I have cut two players from a team solely because of the parents. One was a very good pitcher at the time and our teams best hitter, both of this girls parents were absolutely insane.

The other was a middle of the pack player only her father was bad. This father actually called a tournament director and had our pool schedule changed for the tournament because he did not like the times we were playing at. I had no idea this father had called the tournament director until i showed up at the tournament for the check in.
Apparently, you didn't know this parent was an Asst Coach.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiffanym