POLL~ What percentage of parents

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

What% parents having realistic perspective

• 3%

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • 10%

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • 20%

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • 30%

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • 40%

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • 50%

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • 75%

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • 90%

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • *replied in post % response

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
Jan 25, 2022
Speaking strictly of school ball (MS and HS) here, it's 80-90%. Only a few parents have really stuck out. Most of them (us, I guess) are excited to see ANY of the girls doing well. It kinda surprised me after reading so many horror stories.

I'm sure travel is another story, though. And really, if our school program was higher than bottom 25%, parents would probably start getting more difficult.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Speaking strictly of school ball (MS and HS) here, it's 80-90%. Only a few parents have really stuck out. Most of them (us, I guess) are excited to see ANY of the girls doing well. It kinda surprised me after reading so many horror stories.

I'm sure travel is another story, though. And really, if our school program was higher than bottom 25%, parents would probably start getting more difficult.
DD was one of maybe 4 or 5 players that played/play some level of TB. Listening to the non TB parents hurt my head.

DD2 "plays" at softball and decided to play for the HS. She is on the JV team at that hurt my whole body to watch. One mom sitting in front of me starts yelling out "Show them how to do it" "You've been here before!" I hear her say that she played Baseball since she was 5. Oh yeah? Why is she on the JV team, cause I've seen what we have on Varsity? Let's see this swing. Nope! She must have quit after she was 11. Muaahh.

Jan 25, 2022
DD was one of maybe 4 or 5 players that played/play some level of TB. Listening to the non TB parents hurt my head.

DD2 "plays" at softball and decided to play for the HS. She is on the JV team at that hurt my whole body to watch. One mom sitting in front of me starts yelling out "Show them how to do it" "You've been here before!" I hear her say that she played Baseball since she was 5. Oh yeah? Why is she on the JV team, cause I've seen what we have on Varsity? Let's see this swing. Nope! She must have quit after she was 11. Muaahh.
Really, it's all just relative to the level of competition, but really most of the parents I've dealt with have been realistic even amidst a bunch of newer players. Small town, young program. As a parent/fan, those parents entertain me. As a coach I just let them talk then do what I was gonna do all along. I've been lucky though.

Apr 1, 2017
More than half, but not up to 3/4. So say 65%.
The ones that aren't realistic stick out like a sore thumb and consume your attention more than they should so it seems like a lot more.
I'd say it's even higher than 65%, but the ones that stick out definitely distort everyones perspective. Very similar to politics. The extremes, on both sides, are so vocal that it can look like the entire country is at war. In reality, the large majority of people are just trying to live their lives, regardless of who the president/congress/governors are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802