Daddy Ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 4, 2018
Some of the worst pitching coaches I've seen are well-meaning young women who pitched in college. I will agree that playing at a high level CAN give a former player some advantages as a coach that a non-player (like me) won't experience. But someone who has a passion for the game, a passion to improve knowledge, and especially a passion to help young women grow in the sport and in life... that person is likely going to be a fine coach.

And some of the best pitching coaches are well-meaning young women who pitched in college.

Being a female ex-collegiate player is one of many attributes coaches can have. All other things being equal, I prefer the ex-collegiate female.

Oct 14, 2019
I’ve rarely been on a parent coached team where the parent’s kid doesn’t play a position she otherwise wouldn’t play or doesn’t play more than she otherwise would. Usually the only difference between teams is sometimes the parent’s kid is a good player. Even the parent who says I am harder on my kid than the other kids still plays his daughter at SS P or C and they rarely come out of the game. But this is generally the way life works anyway so it’s probably a good life lesson.

Jan 31, 2014
North Carolina
And some of the best pitching coaches are well-meaning young women who pitched in college.

Being a female ex-collegiate player is one of many attributes coaches can have. All other things being equal, I prefer the ex-collegiate female.

If all other things are equal, I would agree. DD's current PC (and college HC) was a D1 All-American, and she's since studying pitching like a science. She's awesome. She cares about her players and communicates well. Just saying that having "Player" on a resume doesn't make someone a good coach. There's more to it.

May 29, 2019
I’ve rarely been on a parent coached team where the parent’s kid doesn’t play a position she otherwise wouldn’t play or doesn’t play more than she otherwise would. Usually the only difference between teams is sometimes the parent’s kid is a good player. Even the parent who says I am harder on my kid than the other kids still plays his daughter at SS P or C and they rarely come out of the game. But this is generally the way life works anyway so it’s probably a good life lesson.
And don't forget about never coming out of the 4 hole (or heaven forbid coming out of the lineup) even though they are 3 for their last 27 at-bats, and never hit a home run in their life. :rolleyes:

May 27, 2020
Daddy Ball , not only includes a dad using his potition to only give his daughter majority of pitching opportunities. It can also be a way to use the player funds to pay for his daughters softball expenses, buy them equipment, pay for camps. If a coach is unwilling to provide a report of where the teams money is going, there are issues.

Aug 1, 2019
LOL. @pattar and I are ok.....just trying to reel him in a bit to see how he would respond. @pattar you were better than expected..

I was hoping for more but your quick wit won me over. Serioulsy, it did and that is no lie.

Despite your record responses on this site... 8343 which IS A RECORD...... I always appreciate your quick responses.

Mar 28, 2014
Exactly like this. It was a simple question. But we figured it out.

Thank you for your interest as you clearly have nothing better to do than cause problems.

Be better, provide value, or leave. Your choice but your screen grabs is a sign of your lack value.

Again, Reddit is waiting for you and I don't say this with piss and vinegar. Just be better.....help others......and.........

QUIT trying to stir up sh** that you clearly have ZERO knowledge about.

Yes, this could be my point to put you down and I won't do that. It doesn't help much like your post above but I am flattered that you follow me.

Just be better.......provide value......looking back at your posts you have done NOTHING of that sort. You are a complainer and lean towards those who do the same. Worthless.

Funny thing is......as I was typing this...I got a call from an "old timer" to catch up. The reason my reply took so long... yes, a great guy who was once on here and was a huge help to so many. We are going to grab steak dinner in the next couple weeks when he is in town.

@JumboJack do you have those kind of relationships? Pretty sure you dont. Be better! You might earn them but you have to be better. Provide value. You have done none of the above.......
Who made you the DFP Content Czar? Lol

You worry way too much about this place. It’s rather strange to be honest. You’re way too emotionally invested in an internet discussion board. To an unhealthy level that causes you to threaten people.

I got a challenge for you. If you’re so courageous, tell us your name. I’m sure there are some parents of kids you interact with that would be interested to know that you threaten multiple people on the internet for the heinous crime of not providing the type of content that you demand.

Weirdo. Stay away from kids. You’re a danger to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles